Mount Wachusett Community College is the college of opportunity and a model of teaching and learning excellence.
MWCC is a lifelong learning community dedicated to excellence in education and responsive to the changing needs of the communities we serve. Our focus is the preparation of individuals for lives of fulfillment, leadership, and service in a diverse and global society. We are committed to engaging students in rich and challenging learning opportunities within a small college atmosphere that is known for its personal touch.
Our Shared Values
Mount Wachusett Community College is a community of learners where all are welcomed, valued for their individuality, and applauded for their unique contributions to making the college a special place to learn, work, gather, and grow. Students, faculty, and staff recognize the importance of diversity in sustaining a rich, healthy, and vibrant environment and affirm the following values that unite us as a collective body and guide our daily interactions.
- Human Potential: We believe that every member of our community (student, faculty, staff, and service area resident) has the potential to learn, grow, develop as an educated and engaged citizen, and lead meaningful joyful lives.
- Pursuit of Excellence: We strive for excellence in all that we do as an institution, within divisions, departments, and as individuals. We continuously assess our performance and set challenging goals and standards to attain the best possible service to our community.
- Mutual Respect and Trust: We treat each member of our community as a valued person deserving dignity, respect, equity, and trust. Through words and actions, we accept differences, share perspectives, and honor the trust placed in us as demonstrated by our honest and ethical words and actions and cooperative and collaborative work.
- Institutional Integrity: We hold ourselves and others accountable for forwarding the vision, mission, and priorities of the college and living by our mission driven principles. We hold ourselves and others accountable for supporting and advancing each other, the organization, and the individuals that we are pledged to serve; for acting professionally; for fulfilling commitments, demonstrating good judgment, assessing our effectiveness and applying facts to continually renew as individuals and as a college.
- Considerate Open Communication: We readily share information and ideas, encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, listen without judgment, speak honestly and respectfully, and freely and productively engage in discussions.
- Creativity and Responsible Risk Taking: We motivate ourselves, students, and colleagues to think creatively in the face of challenge, try new ideas and approaches, and are innovative recognizing that responsible risk taking is vital to innovation, growth, and advancement.
- Cooperation and Collaboration: We look beyond self-interest and work for the greater good of the whole by being positive and active participants and contributors to the realization of common goals, encouraging and supporting others, being helpful in difficult situations, and building consensus to achieve results.
Our Strategic Goals
- Access: We commit to building access to opportunities for learning for all and creating new linkages that increase the region’s college-going rate, improve affordability, increase participation among diverse and nontraditional populations, increase college enrollment, and increase the opportunity to develop skills needed for employment.
- Success: We are a community of learners in which all students, faculty, staff, and administrators are active participants in the principles of lifelong learning and where engaged teaching and learning form the foundation for improved student outcomes, demonstrated by increased rates of completion, retention, graduation, transfer, and acquisition of career skills.
- Learning: We provide innovative, effective teaching and superior quality in academic programs and pedagogy. We seek to impart to students a comprehensive general education, up-to-date and industry driven knowledge, and the ability to make an impact on their lives and community. Collaboratively, we shall continuously strive to improve our academic offerings by being responsive to industry needs through comprehensive outcomes assessment as well as implementing and sustaining innovative teaching and learning strategies and policies; and by supporting and developing a college faculty who focus their development and practice on employing exemplary teaching, learning, and advising strategies.
- Progress: We will devote our efforts and resources to demonstrate effectiveness and efficiency in business operations that lead to institutional self-sufficiency. Further, we shall serve as a prominent driving force and resource in the region in the areas of economic development, leadership, and innovation.