Vision, Mission, and Values
Our Shared Vision
MWCC is the college of choice and a model of teaching and learning excellence.
MWCC provides relevant, high quality learning opportunities and services that respond to diverse student and community needs, foster student success, and stimulate civic, workforce, and economic vitality.
Our Mission Principles
Mount Wachusett Community College’s faculty and staff actualize institutional mission by adhering to the following operating principles:
- Teaching and Learning Excellence… our central purpose: The pursuit of educational excellence drives institutional operations, management, and effectiveness. We commit to high quality instruction, innovative curriculum, and personalized support.
- Potential for Success: We believe all students, whatever skill level or background, have the potential to learn and grow. We equip students with essential learning skills to be successful lifelong learners able to adapt easily in a changing world.
- Supportive Learning Environment: We maintain a supportive learning environment. We enable learning by actively engaging students in the learning process and providing the academic, technology, and personal support services that meet unique student needs and enable student success.
- Responsive, Relevant, and High Quality Programs and Services: We offer a broad yet focused array of credit and noncredit learning opportunities that facilitate transfer to baccalaureate institutions of higher education, workforce entry and/or advancement, and the development of fundamental academic and learning skills essential for successful transition to college and the workplace.
- Community Engagement, Development, and Impact: We actively listen to and support our diverse regional communities, serving as a vital catalyst for economic and workforce growth and development, civic engagement, a seamless PK-16 system of public education, cultural enrichment, and positive change and improvement. We engage in regional alliances to solve economic, educational, and civic problems impacting the community.
Our Shared Values
Mount Wachusett Community College is a community of learners where all are welcomed, valued for their individuality, and applauded for their unique contributions to making the college a special place to learn, work, gather, and grow. Students, faculty, and staff recognize the importance of diversity in sustaining a rich, healthy, and vibrant environment and affirm the following values that unite us as a collective body and guide our daily interactions.
- Human Potential: We believe that every member of our community (student, faculty, staff, and service area resident) has the potential to learn, grow, develop as an educated and engaged citizen, and lead meaningful joyful lives.
- Pursuit of Excellence: We strive for excellence in all that we do as an institution, within divisions, departments, and as individuals. We continuously assess our performance and set challenging goals and standards to attain the best possible service to our community.
- Mutual Respect and Trust: We treat each member of our community as a valued person deserving dignity, respect, equity, and trust. Through words and actions, we accept differences, share perspectives, and honor the trust placed in us as demonstrated by our honest and ethical words and actions, and cooperative and collaborative work.
- Institutional Integrity: We hold ourselves and others accountable for forwarding the vision, mission, and priorities of the college and living by our mission driven principles. We hold ourselves and others accountable for supporting and advancing each other, the organization and the individuals that we are pledged to serve, for acting professionally, for fulfilling commitments, demonstrating good judgment, assessing our effectiveness and applying facts to continually renew as individuals and as a college.
- Considerate Open Communication: We readily share information and ideas, encourage the exchange of ideas and opinions, listen without judgment, speak honestly and respectfully, and freely and productively engage in discussions.
- Creativity and Responsible Risk Taking: We motivate ourselves, students, and colleagues to think creatively in the face of challenge, try new ideas and approaches, and are innovative recognizing that responsible risk taking is vital to innovation, growth, and advancement.
- Cooperation and Collaboration: We look beyond self-interest and work for the greater good of the whole by being positive and active participants and contributors to the realization of common goals, encouraging and supporting others, being helpful in difficult situations, and building consensus to achieve results.
Our Strategic Goals
- Quality Teaching and Learning: The college will lead regional education and training needs and provide relevant, responsive, high quality credit and noncredit programming, instruction, and learning support services that enable student success, adhere to high quality standards, and continually assess quality and effectiveness.
- Student Access and Success: The college will provide relevant, quality student services that respond to student needs; facilitate successful transition to college life and learning; and support student access, persistence, and success from the point of initial entry through completion, graduation, or attainment of each student’s stated educational goal.
- Community Responsiveness and Engagement: The college will be an accessible, responsive, vital resource, and a catalyst for regional economic development, civic engagement, and a thriving PK-16 system.
- Institutional Efficiencies and Effectiveness: The college will commit to high standards of accountability, communications, and a system of institutional assessment that verifies and improves college effectiveness. The college will strengthen its financial position, act strategically in the management of its fiscal and human resources, and optimize the functionality and security of its physical and technological resources.