Facts & Figures
MWCC Sustainability Facts
- MWCC’s goal is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 30% below our 2000 levels by the end of FY2010 and a 60% reduction by the year 2012.
- Since 2002, MWCC has saved 34,550,739 kWh of electricity as a result of our biomass conversion project which is the equivalent of planting 4,079 acres of trees.
- MWCC has the only known Associate of Science in Energy Management Degree program offered in the entire Northeast region of the United States.
- Energy conservation measures completed at MWCC in 2009 are saving 972,740 kWh or approximately $134,000 per year.
- MWCC’s photovoltaic array of 179 individual panels is expected to contribute up to 122,000 kWh annually to our energy requirements.
Renewable Energy Resources
- American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment
- Second Nature
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs
- North American WindPower
- Clean Air-Cool Planet
- National Wind Map Data online by 3TIER Group
- The Coalition of Northeastern Governors; Northeast Regional Biomass Program
- Biomass Energy Resource Center
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change
- National Wildlife Federation