The School of Business, Science, and Technology has programs and options to prepare you for the workplace or for transfer to 4-year universities with degrees and certificates in up-and-coming fields.
Programs in this school focus on:
- gaining hands-on experience
- small class settings
- one-on-one attention
- highly skilled and respected professional faculty
New State-of-the-Art STEM building!
Opening Fall 2016!
Our new STEM building will house state-of-the-art classrooms and science laboratories that will be central to academic programs such as allied health, biology, biotechnology, chemistry, medical laboratory science, computer information systems, natural resources, nursing, physical therapist assistant, physics and pre-engineering.
Lab sections are taught by the instructors, not by lab assistants, giving you an integrated teaching and learning experience bridging textbook materials and the experiential lab time.
Department chairs are subject matter experts who are available to you for advising and career direction.
MWCC is striving to be a model for other colleges and a leader in higher education for forming standards for curriculum within educational consortiums.
The programs prepare you to go right into industry:
- strong career center partnerships that help you translate classroom experience into a job
- embedded internships get you in the door with influential employers in the region
- partnerships with key industry organizations help MWCC align curriculum with in-demand job skills employers look for making you the most attractive job candidate
Business, Science, and Technology programs at MWCC are the primary component of a career pipeline that produces qualified graduates and attractive job candidates through:
- collaboration with area technical high schools
- business internships
- guest speakers
- facilities tours
- networking events with alum and professionals
Some Program Highlights:
- Legal Studies: Learn from instructors that are attorneys with real-world experience. They guide students to interesting and challenging careers paths.
- Biotechnology: The Biotechnology/ Biomanufacturing program at MWCC provides hands-on experience for students looking to gain immediate employment, or to transition to a 4-year degree program. The program incorporates sophisticated laboratory equipment to enable students to learn procedures and meet expectations of industry. A biotechnology degree or certificate from MWCC is becoming a well-respected credential by employers in the region.
- Natural Resource Management: Choose this program for environmentally friendly options focused on farming, forestry, recycling, or animal science, and positions students for future educational opportunities or direct employment.
- Automotive Tech: Learn from instructors who hold Master Auto Tech Repair credentials. Some faculty members are so highly certified that they teach instructors at other colleges the newest skills and techniques!
- Fire Science: The Fire Science program at MWCC is nationally accredited and gives graduates the flexibility to become a firefighter in any state across the country.
- Business Administration/Accounting: The business program prepares you for a large variety of jobs. It is the practical degree for students with a desire to work hard and contribute to society in a business framework.
- Computer Information Systems: The CIS program will prepare you for a career as a computer support specialist or transfer to a four year school to become a programmer.