Allied Health Programs
The program provides accelerated pathways through Developmental Math and English Classes and on to Allied Health Courses and Certificate Programs, leading to employment in the Health Care field and/or further studies in Health Sciences.
New students, GED students, and adults returning to college and to the work force.
- Take a Developmental Math or English class (per placement test) and are
- Interested in Allied Health
Experience success through faster, shorter classes & certificates and through employment in Allied Health. Then, if the student chooses, he/she could also apply knowledge from these classes and from direct work experience toward longer certificate programs or degrees.
Accelerated Allied Health Cohorts/Tracks
- Courses (Shorter Tracks):
- CNA – Certified Nurse Assistant (Only 2 CORE classes – new credit courses)
- PHLEBOTOMY (Only 2 CORE classes)
- EKG TECH (Only 1 CORE class)
- Certificate Programs:
- ALLIED HEALTH (Certificate) (may include CNA Cert)
- MEDICAL CODING & BILLING (NEW Certificate)
- Preparation for PN Track — Prep for Practical Nurse Jan 2011 Program Acceptance (program acceptance not guaranteed) (includes CNA Cert)
Allied Health non-selective courses and programs are open for enrollment to any MWCC student who meets the pre-requisite and technical standards that are listed with each program in the catalog and on the MWCC website.
- Medical Coding & Billing
- Allied Health Certificate
- Preparation Track for Selective Practical Nurse Program Acceptance
The Accelerated Allied Health (grant funded) Program’s eligibility requirements include taking a MWCC Dev Ed MAT or ENG classes; taking a newly altered/developed class section or program; and enrolling in certain Allied Health tracks, listed above.
Program benefits include:
- Job placement assistance.
- Extra help and support while enrolled in and completing Dev Ed and Allied Health classes.
- Guidance & services referrals from a Career Coach Specialist.
- Access to a new Math/Learning Lab – Room 351.
- Additional Tutors for Developmental Math classes.
- New ‘Allied Health Content’ Sections of Math 126 and ENG (100)/101 and other new/altered Dev Ed and Allied Health classes & programs.
Accelerated Allied Health Program Contacts
- Kate Devlin, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-630-9139
- Dawn Babineau, Career Coach Specialist, email@example.com, 978-630-9582
This project is funded by a grant through the Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund, administered by Commonwealth Corporation for the MA Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development.