About the Program
- The Meaning of fitness
- Why the body responds to exercise
- Nutrition standards and guidelines
Benefits of MWCC’s Program
- A stepping stone to a fitness and exercise science center
- Career and transfer options
- State of the art Fitness & Wellness Center
- In depth knowledge of exercise science increases your skills and makes you more marketable to prospective employer
- Opportunities are presented for you to earn necessary CPR certification
- Prepares you to pursue industry-specific certifications in fitness leadership
- Hands on experience
- Instructional visits to other fitness facilities
Which Program is Right For Me?
Personal Training Certificate (PTC)
This program is for those who would like to work part-time as fitness leaders and/or personal trainers as well as those already working in the field but who seek a stronger exercise science background. This certificate prepares students to pursue industry’s specific certification exams necessary to fitness leadership. It can be completed in two semesters of full-time study or part-time over a longer period.
Liberal Arts & Sciences Degree (with a concentration in Exercise and Sports Science)
This program is for those who would like to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue bachelor’s degrees in exercise science, exercise physiology, or fitness management. With a bachelor’s degree, a student can pursue fitness management careers at private and corporate fitness centers. This program can be completed in four semesters of full-time or part-time over a longer period.
For more information about the college, or to apply, contact the enrollment center at 978-630-9110 or email: email@example.com
For more program information, contact Assistant Dean Margaret Jaillet at 978-630-9292 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org