Mount Wachusett Community College offers a unique Human Services program.
You can benefit from:
- A long-standing, well-established program
- Expert, dedicated faculty
- The ability to specialize in a variety of areas: American Sign Language, Early Childhood Education, Criminal Justice, and Complementary Health Care
- A broad base of skills that allow students to work in a variety of settings
- Strong service-learning experiences and job shadowing opportunities integrated into classes
- A solid internship program
- Classes where technology and multi-media are used to enhance learning
- Wide-range of jobs (residential, vocational, therapeutic settings) with a variety of populations (children, adolescents, adults, and elders)
- The opportunity to join a professional Human Service organization (NEOHSE) and participate in MWCC’s Human Service Club.
The benefits of a degree or certificate
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, most human services employers require at least a degree or certificate. Education level influences the kind of work an employee is assigned to and the degree of responsibility granted.
Many internships are available. Not only are internships great work experience, they look great on a resume.
Service Learning engages students in service within the community as an integrated part of a course. Human Services students have completed service learning experiences at many locations.