- The program received a full seven-year accreditation from the CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs)
- Graduates are eligible to become certified medical assistants by taking and passing the Certified Medical Assistant Exam. MWCC is a national testing site
- 81 percent of MWCC students who have taken the Certified Medical Assistant Exam passed
- Students have opportunities to gain real world experience through two externships
- Personalized attention from dedicated, experienced, caring faculty
Benefits of a medical assisting career
- Strong job market; medical assisting is expected to be one of the ten fastest growing occupations through the year 2014
- Medical assistants have regular hours and do not often work weekends or holidays
- Good pay and benefits; excellent working conditions
- Variety! Medical assistants meet new people everyday and perform a combination of clerical and administrative tasks.
Medical assisting students gain real experience by completing two externships. Not only do externships give you great work experience, but they also look good on a resume.