Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are important members of a healthcare team with varied responsibilities. They provide basic care for sick and injured patients under the direction of physicians and registered nurses. They take vital signs, prepare injections, apply dressings, collect samples, maintain patient hygiene, and attend to physical and emotional needs.
Practical Nurses must pass the National Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). Individuals must complete a state-approved practical nursing program, such as MWCC’s, to take the licensure exam.
Practical Nursing Certificate
Is practical nursing right for you?
Practical nursing is a great career for those who have:
- A desire to help people
- A caring and sympathetic nature
- Dedication to personal growth
- A desire to work with their hands
- Keen observational, decision making, and communications skills
- An interest in science
- An interest in a career in nursing