English as Second Language at MWCC has provided quality English instruction to students for over 18 years. Our ESL students progress toward their academic, professional or personal language goals through personalized instruction and using our up-to-date computer/media lab.
- Apply for admission to the college by completing an application which you may obtain online or in any admission offices, and together with your high school diploma or GED, and $10 fee, bring it to the college or send it to:MWCC
444 Green Street
Gardner, MA 01440-1000
- Consider applying for financial aid early if you are a permanent resident or U.S. citizen and obtain information about the new options for payment by calling the Financial Aid Office 978-630-9425.
- Take the ESL test which will place you in the appropriate courses. Schedule a testing appointment in Leominster by calling 978-630-9810.
- Meet with an academic advisor to select your courses and develop an academic plan. Call Madhu Sharma or José Mangual to schedule an appointment.
For additional information about the admission process you may call: José Mangual at 978-630-9818; Madhu Sharma at 978-630-9817 (Leominster) or 978-630-9131.
For more information about the program, contact:
Dr. Madhu Sharma 978-630-9817
José Mangual 978-630-9818
Office hours in Leominster: Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm and evenings with appointment.
- Affordable tuition and fees: Quality service, small classes, university-trained and experienced teachers, English for academic purposes. ESL courses are offered at four levels: beginning, advanced beginning, intermediate, and advanced. Four courses: Applied grammar, writing, reading and conversation are given at each level with an exception of advanced level. Three courses: applied grammar, writing, and reading are offered at advanced level.
- Reading, writing, and applied grammar courses at the advanced level carry general elective credits.
- Access to free tutoring services through academic support services.
- Full computer language lab with free Internet access, and more!
- American citizens and permanent residents may qualify for financial aid from federal and state governments.
- We issue I-20 (student visa).
- Personal attention to academic and non-academic needs.
- Safe, spacious, and friendly campus.
- Popular majors: business administration, computer information system, computer graphic design, education, and transfer programs.
- Social and cultural activities.
For more information contact:
Leominster Campus 978-630-9818
or Enrollment Center, 978-630-9110