≡ Menu

Substance Abuse Counseling Certificate (SACC)1

Counselor assisting a peerThe substance abuse counseling certificate will prepare students by promoting knowledge of alcoholism and drug abuse, to gain experience with alcohol and drug abuse counseling; assessment; clinical evaluations; treatment planning and case management, patient, family and community education (for alcohol and drugs, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, tobacco cessation, etc.); cultural competency and/or other co-existing issue and knowledge of appropriate ethics and responsibilities of a substance abuse counselor. Collectively this will prepare students for certification and as a Certified Drug and Alcohol counselor (CADC). This certification would allow for individuals to seek employment within the industry.

For more information: MWCC Catalog
For gainful employment information on Substance Abuse Counseling, click here.

Community Health Worker Certificate (CHWC)1

chwcCommunity Health Workers (CHWs) teach people how to live healthy lives and how to avoid costly diseases and medical procedures. They also help people who may already have a chronic disease (such as asthma or diabetes) manage their diseases in order to avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room. CHWs perform activities to promote, support, and protect the health of individuals, families and communities.

For more information: MWCC Catalog
For gainful employment information on Community Health Worker, click here.

Computer Information Systems – Transfer Track (CIT)

Computer Information SystemsStart your computer information systems degree and training at Mount Wachusett Community College. The computer information systems transfer degree qualifies a student for direct transfer to Massachusetts State Universities under MassTransfer agreement. Students will utilize software applications, networks, and web servers; query database applications to locate, evaluate, and use data; create web pages and web graphics; demonstrate technical skills and ability in analyzing, assessing, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting hardware, software, network, and other desktop issues. The Computer Information Systems Transfer Track program includes the MassTransfer Block.

For more information: MWCC Catalog

Liberal Arts and Sciences: Pre-Law Track (LAWT)

prelawLAWT is designed for those students seeking to transfer on to a four year institution in a PreLaw curriculum. This track of study is most appropriate for those students desiring to enter into Law School after they receive their bachelors degree. It is designed to give students strong research, writing and analytical skills along with substantive legal knowledge as essential outcomes for students completing this field of study.

For more information: MWCC Catalog

Liberal Arts and Sciences: Earth Systems Track (LAES)

earthsciThis program is designed for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelors degree in earth systems, geology, meteorology, or environmental studies. With a bachelor’s degree students may pursue careers as a geologist, seismologist, environmental consultant, environmental safety consultant, soil scientist, atmospheric scientist, or earth science teacher.

For more information: MWCC Catalog

Medical Assisting Certificate (MASC)

medical_assistingMedical assistants perform a combination of clinical and administrative duties. Clinical duties include assisting doctors with examinations, drawing blood, placing patients in rooms, administering immunizations, removing sutures, assessing vital signs, and applying wound care. Administrative duties include scheduling appointments, answering phones, billing insurance companies, making referrals, and phoning in prescriptions. Because medical assistants work in an office environment, most work regular day-time hours. Upon successful completion of the Medical Assistant Certificate, graduates will be eligible to sit for a certification exam as a medical assistant and seek employment as a certified medical assistant. The Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP), on recommendation of the Medical Assisting Review Board: : CAAHEP, 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763; phone 727-210-2350. Courses completed as part of this certificate program can be applied to the Associate Degree Program.

For more information: MWCC Catalog

Public Relations Certificate (PRC)1

pubrelationsThe Public Relations Certificate is designed to provide the public relations practitioner, small business owner, and those interested in entering the field of public relations the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical for success. Most of the courses in this program can be completed online or during the day or evening.

For more information: MWCC Catalog
For gainful employment information on Public Relations, click here.

1 The program has been approved by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; financial aid approval is pending.