The CAPP Student Success Center is a collaborative initiative of Mount Wachusett Community College and Fitchburg High School, funded in part by NCCEP, AT&T, the federal U.S. Department of Education, GEAR UP, and the federal TRIO program Talent Search.
The Student Success Center is located on the 1st floor of Fitchburg High School directly adjacent to guidance office suites and is staffed by GEAR UP and Talent Search Academic Counselors, Professional Tutors, and FHS staff. The Student Success Center’s mission is to help students develop knowledge, competence, and character necessary for contribution, leadership, and success in a complex and increasingly global society through access to higher education and, through it, opportunity to improve their lives.
The MWCC Student Success Center offers:
- College awareness workshops and college preparation materials
- Daily parent outreach for targeted students
- Curriculum guides and support for faculty & staff
- In-school computerized career and learning style assessments
- Individualized college planning assistance including college search and financial aid workshops
- MCAS preparation materials and outreach
- PSAT/SAT preparation and outreach
All GEAR UP and Talent Search students have unlimited access to the Student Success Center. Any Fitchburg High School student can utilize the Center through referrals by teachers, faculty, or by permission of the principal. Local school districts, teachers, and parents can access the center through the office of College Access and Preparation Programs at any time during the academic year.