SMART Start is the next step toward your enrollment at MWCC, and is designed to help you navigate the enrollment process. At SMART Start, you will:
- Develop an academic plan
- Use the MWCC electronic tools
- Meet your advisors and support staff
- Learn about Financial Aid and payment options
- Register for classes
- Get your questions answered
SMART Start is designed to run for two hours. Plan on attending for the entire duration in order to enroll in your courses. For more details about SMART Start, click here.
Click the links below to choose a date:
SMART Start Checklist (must be completed prior to SMART Start):
1) Request official high school and previous college transcripts sent to the MWCC Records Office, 444 Green Street, Gardner MA 01440. Transcripts that do not arrive prior to your SMART Start may result in a delay of course registration.
2) Complete the college placement test. Walk-in testing is available on the Gardner campus Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Student that have graduated from high school in the past 3 years with a minimum 2.7 overall GPA are exempt from math placement testing. You may also be exempt from placement testing if you have completed college-level English and math classes at MWCC or another institution in the past.
3) Activate your iConnect account at iConnect.mwcc.edu. For assistance call (978) 630-9110.
4) Submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.ed.gov. For assistance call (978) 630-9169.
Click here for more details on SMART Start.