Aspire to succeed. Academic Advising can help.
What is Academic Advising @ MWCC?
Academic Advising is a collaborative process between you, your faculty and academic advisors, using a team approach, designed to help you develop skills you need to succeed in college and transition to life after you leave MWCC.
Academic Advising includes five areas of specialization organized around your Program of Study. These include:
Why would I see an Advisor?
If you’re asking yourself any or all of the following questions, academic advising can help. In fact ANY question is a good reason to see your advisor!
- I need to talk to someone who is a subject-matter expert in my field of study. Who is that?
- What is my overall academic plan leading to graduation? How do I plan my life while I’m here?
- How do I manage my time?
- How do I manage my money, or make sense of the Financial Aid process?
- I want to transfer. How do I do that? What do I need to know? Who can help me?
- How do I change my major? How do I create or change my schedule? What do I take next semester?
Who is my Advisor?
Advising at Mount Wachusett Community College is a team of professionals working together to help you reach your goals. These professionals include faculty in your program and advising staff at all campuses.
Many students have a faculty member as their academic advisor – an expert in your field of study! In addition, all students are welcome to see Academic Advisors in the Advising Center (Gardner) or at the Leominster and Devens campuses. You can look up your Academic Advisor in iConnect, or stop by the Advising Center for discussions around Student Success, Program of Study, Career, Financial Literacy, or Transfer. You can also stop by just to chat – we’re here to support you!
Where and How does Academic Advising happen?
You can receive academic advising via:
Need help right now? Call us at 978-630-9109, or drop by room 125 on the Gardner campus.
Should you call, email, or Facebook message us please include both your name and student ID number so we can serve your request quickly.