Congratulations on your acceptance to Mount Wachusett Community College.
We look forward to meeting you at your SMART Start
Not registered for a SMART Start yet? Sign up here.
SMART Start is a group registration event that covers everything you need to know about enrolling at MWCC. All new and returning students begin the enrollment process with SMART Start. During this event, you will:
- Meet advisors and support staff
- Learn about Financial Aid and payment options
- Navigate MWCC electronic tools
We expect SMART Start to last for roughly two hours. Please plan on attending for the entire duration in order to enroll in your courses. Note: this event takes place in a computer lab and there is not room for additional guests will not be permitted.
What do I need to do ahead of time?
To be ready to attend SMART Start, all students must:
- Apply and be accepted to the college;
- If you have questions about your Admissions status please contact the Admissions Office.
- Take the Accuplacer Placement Test or have prior college transcripts showing successful completion of English and mathematics.*
- Placement tests are offered on a walk in basis Monday-Friday from 8:30-1:00pm on the Gardner campus and by appointment on the Leominster campus.
- Have prior college transcripts? Please bring an unofficial copy with you when you arrive and send official copies to the MWCC Records Office at 444 Green St, Gardner MA 01440.
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) here if you need assistance paying for college.
* If you have attended another school, request official transcripts be sent to MWCC. If you have taken an AP or CLEP Exam, request official scores be sent to MWCC
What do I need to bring?
We will provide you with a folder of information and a pen so you can take notes. You should bring:
- Your iConnect username and password (Don’t know it? Activate it here)
- Transcripts from any and all previously attended colleges (official or unofficial)
- Placement test scores (if you are in your first semester at another college or university)
What should I expect when I arrive?
- Upon arrival you will check in with an advisor to ensure all your paperwork is in order;
- Next, you will attend an informational workshop covering important topics such as financial aid, mapping an educational plan, and using our technology to register for courses.
- Finally, you will create your schedule for the upcoming semester.
What happens in the SMART Workshop?
In the SMART Workshop, you will use Active Learning Strategies to work through setting and reaching your goals. Your experience here will mirror what happens in the college classroom.
- Engage with your peers and the advisors in the room;
- Learn how your progress will be measured each semester;
- Evaluate your available time to commit to your academics;
- Use the electronic tools available to you;
- Register for courses!
Where can I get more information?
Feel free to browse through both our advising site and our financial aid sites for more detailed information on each. You can also contact us after your SMARTStart if you still have questions or concerns, or find us on Facebook if you want regular updates from the Advising Center.
What if I attend another college but want to take a class at MWCC?
If you are a student with prior successful college experience AND you are not seeking to obtain a degree from MWCC, you are considered a Guest Student. Please see our Guest Student Page for more information about registering. Guest students DO NOT attend SMART Start.