Congratulations on your acceptance to Mount Wachusett Community College. We look forward to seeing you at Smart Start!
Not registered for a Smart Start yet? Sign up here.
What is Smart Start?
Smart Start is a three hour event that covers everything you need to know about enrolling at MWCC. All our new and returning students begin the enrollment process with Smart Start. During this event, you will:
- Develop an academic plan
- Use the MWCC electronic tools
- Meet your advisors and support staff
- Learn about Financial Aid and payment options
- Register for classes
- Get your questions answered
We expect Smart Start to last for roughly three hours. Plan on attending for the entire duration in order to enroll in your courses.
What do I need to bring?
We will provide you with a folder of information and a pen so you can take notes. You should bring:
- Your iConnect username and password (Don’t know it? Activate it here)
- Transcripts from any and all previously attended colleges (official or unofficial)
- Placement test scores (if you are in your first semester at another college or university)
To be ready to attend Smart Start, all students must:
- Apply and be accepted to the college;
- If you have questions about your Admissions status please contact the Admissions Office.
- Take the Accuplacer Placement Test or have prior college transcripts showing successful completion of English and mathematics.
- Need to schedule a placement test? Sign up here.
- Have prior college transcripts? Please bring an unofficial copy with you when you arrive and/or send official copies to the MWCC Records Office at 444 Green St, Gardner MA 01440.
What should I expect when I arrive?
- Upon arrival you will check in to ensure all your paperwork is in order;
- Next, you will attend an informational session covering important topics such as health insurance waivers, financial aid, and immunization requirements;
- Finally, you will take part in an Advising SMART Workshop that will help you create a plan for your time here.
What happens in the SMART Workshop?
In the SMART Workshop, you will use Active Learning Strategies to work through setting and reaching your goals. Your experience here will mirror what happens in the college classroom. You will:
- Engage with your peers and the advisors in the room;
- Use the electronic tools available to you;
- Meet your academic advising team;
- Evaluate your available time to commit to your academics;
- Learn how you will be measured each semester;
- Make an academic plan for the upcoming semester;
- Register for classes!
Where can I get more information?
Feel free to browse through both our advising site and our financial aid sites for more detailed information on each. You can also contact us after your Smart Start if you still have questions or concerns, or find us on Facebook if you want regular updates from us.
What if I’m only visiting?
If you are a student with prior successful college experience AND you are not seeking to obtain a degree from MWCC, please see our Guest Student Page for your options.