Congratulations on your acceptance to Mount Wachusett Community College! We look forward to seeing you at your Smart Start event. The following is a list of frequently asked questions that we hope will help you better plan for your course registration day at MWCC.
Not registered for a Smart Start yet? Choose a date and sign up here.
What is Smart Start?
Smart Start is a three hour event that covers everything you need to know about enrolling at MWCC:
- How are financial aid packages awarded?
- What types of classes are offered on our campuses?
- What courses are needed for your major?
- How to register for courses
- and much more!
Why do I need to go to this?
Students who attend Smart Start don’t just leave with a schedule for their first semester of classes. Students leave prepared for a successful start on their educational journey.
What do I need to bring?
We will provide you with a folder of information and a pen so you can take notes. You should bring:
- Your iConnect username and password (Don’t know it? Activate it here)
- Transcripts from any and all previously attended colleges (official or unofficial)
- Placement test scores (if you are in your first semester at another college or university)
What should I expect when I arrive?
- Upon arrival you will check in with Admissions and Advising to ensure all your paperwork is in order.
- Next, you will attend a brief info session covering important topics such as health insurance waivers, financial aid, and immunization requirements
- Finally, you will take part in a workshop that will help you create a plan for your time here.
Plan to be engaged, to participate actively, and to leave with all the information you will need to start your first semester here.
Where can I get more information on advising? How about financial aid?
Feel free to browse through both our advising site and our financial aid sites for more detailed information on each. You can also contact us after your Smart Start if you still have questions or concerns, or find us on Facebook if you want regular updates from us.