Student Records

Office hours

8:00AM to 4:00PM Monday through Friday
Phone: 978-630-9106
Fax: 978-630-9554

WebConnect Access Issues

Students are encouraged to use WebConnect to access registration, drop/add, grades, transcripts, financial aid, and bill information online. Questions about access (user ID and PIN’s) should be addressed to the Records Office. Download WebConnect Instructions (PDF)

Grade Processing

Grade reports are available at the end of each semester on WebConnect. Individual grade reports are only mailed to students upon special request to the Records Office. Download Individual Grade Report Request (PDF). Go to WebConnect.

Students who receive an “I” (incomplete) grade must complete the course within 30 days or the grade is automatically changed to an “F.” Course with incomplete grades do not meet prerequisites for subsequent courses. Students are ineligible to take subsequent courses until a passing grade is recorded.

Student Transcripts

Students can view a complete unofficial transcript on WebConnect. Students wishing to request an official transcript can follow the directions below to request a transcript online; can complete the Transcript Request Form (PDF); or, contact the records office in writing. Transcripts cannot be released without written authorization or through the use of your PIN online.
Download Request Official Transcript Online (PDF)
Download Transcript Request Form (PDF)
Go to WebConnect

Class Schedules and Registration:

The Records Office works with the Division Deans and the Division of Life Long Learning to develop the class schedule for each semester. Registration for the Fall terms begin in April; the Summer terms in April; the Spring terms in November. Go to WebConnect.

Assigning Advisors

All day students are assigned an advisor who is a member of the faculty or professional staff. The staff of the advising center also acts as an academic advisor for many day and all evening students. Students wishing to change their advisor should contact the Records Office.

Degree Audit Review and Graduation Processing

Student’s intending to graduate must complete a Petition to Graduate no later than March 1 for May and August graduation, and by November 1 for December graduation.

Once a petition is received a degree audit will be run and the student notified of outstanding requirements, if any. Many times course substitutions can be approved by the Division Dean, and transfer credit accepted to meet the graduation requirements. Download Petition to Graduate (PDF)

Class Rosters/Student Enrollment

The Records Office provides instructors with class rosters the first day of class, the end of the add period, and at the end of the 9th week of classes. These rosters become the enrollment verification documentation that is needed for billing, grading and financial aid purposes.

Change of Major Processing

Students wishing to change their major, or select a 2nd major, should complete the Change of Major form and meet with their advisor. In most cases the change of major will be activated for the immediate next term. Download Change of Major Form (PDF)

Name and Address Changes

Students who wish to change the official college records with regard to name and address changes, including a change to their residency status, should provide documentation to the Records Office as soon as possible after a change has been made. Download Name and Address Change Form (PDF)

Veterans Benefits

The Records Office assists veterans in the receipt of GI Bill benefits and state tuition waiver benefits. The first step is to provide a DD214 or documentation of active duty status. Enrollment verification is provided to the Veteran’s Administration for the processing of benefits. Call 978-630-9270 for more information.

Categorical Tuition Waivers

The Massachusetts legislature has enacted a number of tuition waiver programs for students enrolling in state-supported day courses. Eligible students should contact the records office or enrollment center for the appropriate form each semester.

Maintaining Record Confidentiality

Each student has the option to keep their student record data confidential. Unless specifically requested the college will release to requesting third parties the “Directory Information” which includes student name, city of residence, major, enrollment status, degree status, honors received, and college email address. Download Confidentiality Request/Change Form and Student Record Information Waiver (“FERPA Release”) (PDF)

FERPA Enforcement

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that governs the release and access to al student records. No one, including parents or spouses, have the right to view or enter data that would affect a student record. Only “Directory Information” (see above) will be released without the proper authorizations. Parents of dependent student have the ability to review student records if appropriate IRS tax returns and documentation is provided to the Records Office. Download our FERPA Brochure and Parent Information Request Form (PDF)

DUA Training Opportunity Program Processing

Students who are applying to receive an extension of unemployment benefits under the Training Opportunity Program (TOP) should obtain an application by calling the TOP Unit at 617-626-5521. This program was formally known as Section 30. To begin the Training Opportunity Program enrollment process at MWCC please call to make an appointment with Michelle Contey. For the Gardner campus call 978-630-9109 or for the Leominster Campus call 978-630-9812.

Enrollment Verification

Students requiring enrollment verification for insurance or other purposes should contact the enrollment center or the Records Office.