To receive a tuition waiver, a student must have:
- a member copy #4 of the veterans DD214 (discharge from active duty) indicating honorable discharge
- at least one-year active duty
- a home record at the time of entry
- Massachusetts residency or a six-month residency in Massachusetts prior to the start of classes
The Veteran Tuition Waiver only applies to state-supported courses (most day courses at the Gardner campus). Vietnam veterans qualify for a tuition waiver for ALL MWCC courses at all campuses. The student is responsible for all fees, books, and supplies.
The student must:
- be enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program,
- be taking credit courses,
- be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least 6 months prior to the start of the semester.
Note: Documentation of eligibility must be made when applying: DD214 etc.; Vietnam Veteran; Service between February 1, 1955 and May 7, 1975; Persian Gulf War; August 2, 1990-Undetermined. Southwest Asia Service Medal, National Defense Medal, and Armed Forces, Expeditionary Service Medal constitutes wartime service in the Persian Gulf War.