Scholarships Currently Available for Only MWCC Students
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is supporting MWCC students with scholarship funds. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a STEM degree with a major such as Biotechnology (BTD or BTDQ), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Natural Resources (NRD), Liberal Arts Biology (LAB), Chemistry (LACH), Physics/Pre-Engineering (LAEP), or Energy Management (EGD). Students must be taking 12 or more credits and have financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA. The scholarship committee will consider academic records including GPA when awarding available funds. Scholarship recipients will also receive additional support such as faculty mentoring, networking, and STEM enrichment activities.
To apply, please complete this application (PDF).
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2016 for priority consideration for the Fall 2016 semester. If scholarship funds are still available, late applications will be considered.
For more information, please contact Dr. Carrie Arnold at 978-630-9240 or Veronica Guay, Assistant Dean of the School of Business, Science, Technology and Math at 978-630-9533.
Career Focused Education Scholarship
The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts and Mount Wachusett Community College are pleased to offer scholarships to support students seeking career focused education programs and improved employment opportunities.
Receive a scholarship in a short term academic program and return to the workforce quickly!
Many Mount Wachusett Community College students further their education for the purpose of reorienting themselves to a new or advanced career. Some academic programs have limited Federal and State financial aid eligibility, which can result in financial difficulty for students. The Career Focused Education Scholarship can assist with funding to encourage program completion and career eligibility.
- Enrollment at MWCC in Advanced Manufacturing or Biotechnology Program (preferred); or enrollment at MWCC in a certificate program for career improvement
- Financial Need Based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- From the North Central Massachusetts Area
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completion of the MWCC Scholarship Application
Scholarship awards will not exceed 75 percent of the gap between a student’s cost of attendance and other financial aid and resources.
All other financial aid, scholarships, and resources will be exhausted before application of the Career Focused Education Scholarship.
To apply for the Career Focused Scholarship, please complete and submit this application.
Outside Scholarship Postings
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 9th year.
- Deadline – June 10, 2016
- Value – Awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year
- Criteria – See application
- For more information/URL – http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
- Application available for download- Yes
College of the Atlantic’s Community College Scholarship
The College of the Atlantic, in Bar Harbor, ME, has a scholarship geared specifically for transferring community college students.
- Value- $15,000/year award
- Criteria – Graduate of a community college with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and with a transferable Associate’s Degree
- For more information – http://coa.edu/admissions/financial-aid/scholarships
- Application available for download- Yes
The DrugNews 2016 Scholarship
DrugNews was created to be the #1 consumer resource for drug research, development, safety and litigation news. As part of this, we support those who research the safety of medications or help develop new drug concepts. Awards target those students planning a career in drug research, or with family members affected by a permanent drug injury.
- Value – $1,000
- Criteria –
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with 15 hours completed
- Must have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0
- Must submit an essay detailing why you are pursuing a career in drug research or how a family member’s drug injury has affected your education. Publish the essay on your University personal homepage and send us the link to that page. Feel free to reference DrugNews.net.
- For further information including application, please visit: https://www.drugnews.net/scholarship/#sthash.N5DPZviz.dpuf
- Deadlines –
- Summer 2016 Scholarship – April 30, 2016
- Fall 2016 Scholarship – July 31, 2016
Hill & Ponton Veterans’ Scholarship
The Hill & Ponton Veteran’s Scholarship awards four merit based $1000 scholarships to veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Four $1,000 scholarships
- Two scholarships will be awarded in the fall, two in the spring
- Application Deadlines: May 1st and November 1st
- Awards will be announced June 15th and December 15th
- For more information – http://www.hillandponton.com/veterans-scholarship/
Vital Impact Scholarship
Vital Impact distributes scholarships annually to mature women over age 35, living in Massachusetts, who are embarking on a career transition.
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2016
- Scholarships are awarded in amounts of up to $2,000
- The application and requirements can be found on-line at: http://www.vitalimpact.org/scholarships
Great Lakes National Scholarship Program
The Great Lakes National Scholarship Program is now in its fifth year, and is awarding scholarships to qualifying majors in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) disciplines. The growth in well-paying jobs in this sector far outpaces the number of STEM graduates, making this a promising area of opportunity for students.
- Application Period: February 15, 2016 through April 6, 2016
- awards up to 825 scholarships of $2,500 each
- Eligibility requirements
- You must be a high school senior or graduate, or current post-secondary undergraduate- or graduate-level student
- A student who plans to enroll full-time at an accredited, nonprofit public or private two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire 2016-2017 academic year
- A student with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- A United States citizen or permanent resident
- Able to demonstrate financial need by providing documentation from the most recent tax return filed by the student or student’s parents
- Enrolled in an eligible major
- For more information and to apply: https://www.scholarsapply.org/greatlakes
Health Careers Transfer Scholarship Program
Since 2001, more than 65 students have received this annual award to continue their studies toward a career in a healthcare-related field. As the program has continued to expand and thrive, additional awards and increased award amounts have been added to reflect the fund’s commitment to students.
- This year, there will be six awards available, each in the amount of $7,500
- Application Deadline: May 6th, 2016
- For more information, eligibility requirements and to apply: http://www.healthcareersscholarship.org.
Allied Health MHA 2016 Scholarship
MHA Solutions scholarship program was established to promote and encourage academic preparation for, and excellence in the areas of allied health practice. Allied Health professionals do not include nursing roles (LPN, NA, RN) or mid-level practitioners. The Massachusetts Hospital Association furthers this goal by providing professional development opportunities, including continuing education that are responsive to the needs of the health care community and are consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Scholarship value of $2,500
- Application Deadline: 4 p.m., Friday April 22, 2016
- Eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate either current or past employment in allied health roles, or strong interest/plan in future employment in allied health roles.
- Demonstrate interest in clinical practice and health care delivery through documented clinical, community and work experiences.
- Commit in writing to practice in Massachusetts upon completion of their program for a minimum of 2 years. A written contract will be given to the winner to sign.
- Complete their degree requirements within a reasonable time period, depending on degree.
- Provide letter of acceptance from school into an accredited degree program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to obtain certification and/or licensure to practice upon graduation.
- Applicant packets must include:
- Cover letter describing academic accomplishments, work accomplishments and career goals;
- Copy of most recent course grades
- Three (3) confidential reference, preferably letters from a direct supervisor, faculty member and a personal reference from a non-family member
- Signed, completed application form
- Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- To apply: 2016 Scholarship Application
Scholarship Search Tools
Visit one of these websites to identify other scholarships that are available:
Nerd Scholar: www.nerdwallet.com/nerdscholar/scholarships/