NEW Scholarship Opportunities
New England College Council Scholarships
Mount Wachusett Community College is a member institution of the New England College Council (NECC). We encourage our students to apply for this scholarship opportunity.
- Must have completed thirty-hours of credit toward his/her degree by the end of the spring 2014 semester, of which at least one-half of the credits should have been earned at the member institution.
- Must be returning to his/her current college in the fall 2014 semester.
- Must have achieved a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or above.
For more information or to apply, please visit here. Deadline is April 30, 2014.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is supporting 30 MWCC students with an average of a $3,300 award. Students need to pursue a STEM degree with a major such as Biology (LAB), Biotechnology (BTD), Chemistry (LACH), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Natural Resources (NRD), or Physics/Pre-Engineering (LAEP). Students must be full time, financially needy, and maintain a GPA 0f 2.5 or higher. Students will receive additional support such as mentoring, enrichment activities, and dedicated tutoring.
To apply, please complete this application. The deadline to apply is May 15, 2014 for early consideration for Fall 2014 semester. If the scholarships are still available a new set of applications will be reviewed August 15th. The deadline is November 1, 2014 for Spring 2015 semester.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 978-630-9110 or Donna LaMura, Assistant Dean of Business, Science, Technology and Math at 978-630-9230.
Career Focused Education Scholarship
The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts and Mount Wachusett Community College are pleased to offer scholarships to support students seeking career focused education programs and improved employment opportunities.
Receive a scholarship in a short term academic program and return to the workforce quickly!
Many Mount Wachusett Community College students further their education for the purpose of reorienting themselves to a new or advanced career. Some academic programs have limited Federal and State financial aid eligibility, which can result in financial difficulty for students. The Career Focused Education Scholarship can assist with funding to encourage program completion and career eligibility.
- Enrollment at MWCC in Advanced Manufacturing or Biotechnology Program (preferred); or enrollment at MWCC in a certificate program for career improvement
- Financial Need Based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- From the North Central Massachusetts Area
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completion of the MWCC Scholarship Application
Scholarship awards will not exceed 75 percent of the gap between a student’s cost of attendance and other financial aid and resources.
All other financial aid, scholarships, and resources will be exhausted before application of the Career Focused Education Scholarship.
To apply for the Career Focused Scholarship, please complete and submit this application.