Scholarships Currently Available for Only MWCC Student
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is supporting MWCC students with scholarship funds. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a STEM degree with a major such as Biotechnology (BTD or BTDQ), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Natural Resources (NRD), Liberal Arts Biology (LAB), Chemistry (LACH), or Physics/Pre-Engineering (LAEP). Students must be taking 12 or more credits and have financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA. The scholarship committee will consider academic records including GPA when awarding available funds. Scholarship recipients will also receive additional support such as faculty mentoring, networking, and STEM enrichment activities.
To apply, please complete this application (PDF).
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2016 for priority consideration for the Spring 2017 semester. If scholarship funds are still available, late applications will be considered.
For more information, please contact Dr. Carrie Arnold at 978-630-9240 or Veronica Guay, Assistant Dean of the School of Business, Science, Technology and Math at 978-630-9533.
Career Focused Education Scholarship
The Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts and Mount Wachusett Community College are pleased to offer scholarships to support students seeking career focused education programs and improved employment opportunities.
Receive a scholarship in a short term academic program and return to the workforce quickly!
Many Mount Wachusett Community College students further their education for the purpose of reorienting themselves to a new or advanced career. Some academic programs have limited Federal and State financial aid eligibility, which can result in financial difficulty for students. The Career Focused Education Scholarship can assist with funding to encourage program completion and career eligibility.
- Enrollment at MWCC in Advanced Manufacturing or Biotechnology Program (preferred); or enrollment at MWCC in a certificate program for career improvement
- Financial Need Based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- From the North Central Massachusetts Area
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completion of the MWCC Scholarship Application
Scholarship awards will not exceed 75 percent of the gap between a student’s cost of attendance and other financial aid and resources.
All other financial aid, scholarships, and resources will be exhausted before application of the Career Focused Education Scholarship.
To apply for the Career Focused Scholarship, please complete and submit this application.
Outside Scholarship Postings
College of the Atlantic’s Community College Scholarship
The College of the Atlantic, in Bar Harbor, ME, has a scholarship geared specifically for transferring community college students.
- Value- $15,000/year award
- Criteria – Graduate of a community college with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and with a transferable Associate’s Degree
- For more information – http://coa.edu/admissions/financial-aid/scholarships
- Application available for download- Yes
Hill & Ponton Veterans’ Scholarship
The Hill & Ponton Veteran’s Scholarship awards four merit based $1000 scholarships to veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Four $1,000 scholarships
- Two scholarships will be awarded in the fall, two in the spring
- Application Deadlines: May 1st and November 1st
- Awards will be announced June 15th and December 15th
- For more information – http://www.hillandponton.com/veterans-scholarship/
NURSE Corps Loan Repayment and Scholarship
NURSE Corps gives nurses nationwide the opportunity to turn their passion for service into a lifelong career through the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program and the NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program. NURSE Corps helps to build healthier communities in urban, rural, and frontier areas by supporting nurses and nursing students committed to working in communities with inadequate access to care. The NURSE Corps Loan Repayment and Scholarship Programs have helped critical shortage facilities meet their urgent need for nurses since 2002.
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program, helps alleviate the shortage of nurses across the country by offering loan repayment assistance to registered nurses and advance practice nurses, such as nurse practitioners, working at Critical Shortage facilities and nurse faculty employed at accredited schools of nursing. Program participants receive up to 60% of their qualifying student loans in exchange for a two-year service commitment –plus an additional 25% of their original loan balance for an optional third year.
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program, formerly the Nursing Scholarship Program, helps students complete their nursing education by paying tuition, fees, other education costs, while providing a monthly living stipend. The program is open to full-time or part-time nursing students accepted or enrolled in diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs at accredited schools located in the U.S. Upon graduation, scholarship program members fulfill a service commitment at a Critical Shortage Facility.
GREATER ATHOL AREA ADVOCATES FOR FAMILIES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS ANNOUNCES SCHOLARSHIP
The Greater Athol Area Advocates for Families with Special Needs (GAAAFSN) in affiliation with The United Arc will be offering scholarships for graduating high school seniors and students completing their first or second year of post-secondary education. Priority will be given to students from communities in the North Quabbin Area.
Potential grant recipients include:
- Individuals with disabilities pursing educational opportunities beyond high school,
- Siblings of individuals with disabilities,
- Individuals who have a parent or parents with disabilities,
- Individuals planning a career that would support people with disabilities, such as careers in education, human services, health care or technology and research with a disability focus
- Applicants are asked to complete a short application form to be submitted along with one reference and current transcript to the GAAAFSN Scholarship Committee postmarked or delivered at the address below no later than Monday, April 11, 2017
- For application materials contact: GAAAFSN/The United Arc at 357 Main Street, Athol, MA 01331, 978-249-4052 or 413-774-5558 x 1047, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Award recipients will be announced at the GAAAFSN Annual Meeting on May 2017. Awardees will receive $100 towards books and miscellaneous educational expenses and an additional amount up to $700 to be paid directly to the school based on a letter of acceptance and current bill.
Scholarship Search Tools
Visit one of these websites to identify other scholarships that are available:
Nerd Scholar: www.nerdwallet.com/nerdscholar/scholarships/