Tuesday, August 23rd, 5pm – UPDATE = the learn-to-swim program for swimmers ages 6 and up is now full and we are no longer accepting registrations or waiting list swimmers. There are limited slots in almost all preschool classes for swimmers ages 5 and younger at this time.
Fall A swim lesson registration will begin on Saturday, August 20th for all swimmers! Registration forms along with the swim lesson handbook for parents may be found below.
Fall A 2016 Learn to Swim Reg Form
We are pleased to offer American Red Cross Swim Lessons at the Mount! The new Red Cross program offers 2 separate age groups to choose from.
- Pre-school Aquatics is appropriate for children ages 5 and younger. In this program there is a Parent/Child class, Parent/Tot class as well as 3 levels of swimming, Pre1, Pre2 and Pre3.
- The Learn-To-Swim program is appropriate for children ages 6 and above. The Red Cross offers 6 levels of swimming abilities, Levels 1 – 6.
If you are unsure which level your child belongs in, please feel free to contact us for a swimming evaluation.
American Red Cross Swimming
Pre-school Aquatics: (appropriate for children ages 6 months to 5 years of age. Swimmers are usually ready for Pre1 thru Pre3 near 4 years of age.)
- Parent/Child Class (ages 6 months to 18 months)
- Parent/Tot class (ages 18 months to 36 months)
- Please note that at least 1 parent my accompany the child into the pool for the above 2 classes
- Preschool 1
- Preschool 2
- Preschool 2
Learn-To-Swim Program: (appropriate for children ages 6 years of age or older)
- Level 1 – Introduction to Water Skills
- Level 2 – Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Level 3 – Stroke Development
- Level 4 – Stroke Improvement
- Level 5 – Stroke Refinement
- Level 6 – Swimming and Skill Proficiency