Become a Tutor
|Library/ASC Home||Find Books & more||Find Articles||Research Help||Tutoring/ASC|
If you are interested in applying to become a tutor, here are the two steps:
- Apply online:
- PEER/STUDENT TUTORS: For applicants who do not have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- We are especially looking for peer tutors in the following areas: CIS 109 and CIS 127, Math through Pre-Calculus, especially MAT 143 Statistics, MUS 103, ACC 101 and ACC 102, ENG 101 and ENG 102. Peer/student tutor applicants must print out, complete, and submit the following form,
- FACULTY REFERRAL FORM: Peer/student tutor applicants must have their professor complete this form for the course in which they received a grade of B or better and would like to tutor.
- PARAPROFESSIONAL TUTORS: For applicants who have completed an associate’s degree.
- PROFESSIONAL TUTORS: For applicants who have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- All applicants must bring a transcript of their college course work (unofficial transcripts are fine) to the interview. (MWCC students can get unofficial transcripts FREE through WebConnect and also FREE from the records office.)
Complete your application then contact Tracey Wessels at the Academic Support Center, preferably via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss tutor opportunities.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Alyssa Stevens, Academic Support Center, at 978-630-9333 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.