|Library/ASC Home||Find Books & more||Find Articles||Research Help||Tutoring/ASC|
- ASK A LIBRARIAN
Working with a reference librarian is the key to success for your research project. We are friendly and helpful–just ask!
- AT THE CIRCULATION DESK
A quick overview of what happens at the Library circulation desk and how to contact us.
- BORROWING/CIRCULATION SERVICES
If we don’t have it, we can get it for you! In addition to our collection of 50,000 items, we are part of a state-wide network of libraries. Here’s how to request an item from another library:
- Find the item in the catalog (Click Find Books & more on the gold menu bar on every page of the library web site)
- Open the record by clicking on the title
- Check that the item status is Available and requestable (not a reference item)
- Click Place Hold at the top right of the screen
- Enter your library barcode number and PIN or password (default is your last name in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS)
When the item arrives in approximately 5-7 business days, you will receive an email at your MWCC email account. You will then have one week to pick up the item.
- COMPUTER LABS
There are more than 50 computers in the library that are available whenever the library is open. They are networked to printers which take print cards, change and dollar bills. Printing costs 10 cents per page. Scanning to email is free on the library printers. All computers have flash drive ports and DVD/CD drives. Headphones are available for loan at the circulation desk on the main level.During the fall and spring semesters, the two computer labs on the lower level of the library are staffed by lab assistants Monday-Thursday 7:30-4:30. They can help with basic computer needs (opening, saving and printing documents, basic formatting questions, etc.).