The personal, academic, and social adjustment of each student is a prime concern of MWCC. Professional counselors are available to assist you with:
- Personal concerns
- Understanding feelings and attitudes, values, and life-styles
- Educational development
- Academic concerns related to a disability
- Career planning
- Referrals to community resources
Our goal is to:
- Provide a private, confidential, supportive environment
- Help students overcome barriers in order to maximize their educational opportunity
- Facilitate the process whereby students may work toward a satisfying and meaningful lifestyle
Counselors are professionally trained and experienced in helping students deal effectively with personal difficulties. They maintain strong ties with community mental health agencies and refer students for assistance with problems that are outside the scope of college counseling.
Services are generally available from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on the Gardner Campus. Other times may be available by arrangement
Confidentiality will be maintained by adherence to the ethical standards of recognized professional organizations. These standards provide, with some limitations, assurance that a student may address his/her concerns openly with the counselor. Confidentiality is discussed with the student when he or she first visits a counselor.
We hope that you find this website helpful during your affiliation with MWCC. Please contact any member of the counseling staff, as needed.