MWCC Sustainability Facts
- The height of the wind turbines to the tips of the blades is 396 feet.
- The length of one blade is 134.5 feet.
- The total weight of each turbine is 247 tons.
- MWCC has the only known Associate of Science in Energy Management Degree program offered in the entire Northeast region of the United States.
- Energy conservation measures completed at MWCC in 2009 are saving 972,740 kWh or approximately $134,000 per year.
- MWCC’s photovoltaic array of 179 individual panels is contributing more than 100,000 kWh annually to our energy requirements.
Renewable Energy Resources
- American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment
- Second Nature
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs
- North American WindPower
- Clean Air-Cool Planet
- Biomass Energy Resource CenterCenter for Climate and Energy Solutions (FKA the Pew Center on Global Climate Change)
- National Wildlife Federation