Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V)
What is the Test of Essential Academic Skills?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a four part, web-based, supervised assessment that includes subtest in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English language usage. The TEAS Test was developed by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) to predict the academic readiness of applicants prior to admission into a healthcare program. There are 170 questions in total on the test.
The total testing time for all four test areas is 3 hours and 29 minutes. The amount of time allotted for each subtest is:
- Reading = 58 minutes for 48 questions
- Mathematics = 51 minutes for 34 questions
- Science = 66 minutes for 54 questions
- English and Language Usage = 34 minutes for 34 questions
The TEAS is a computer based test, requiring only that you are able to point with a mouse and select the answer. Scoring is automatic; you will receive your score when you have finished the test.
Why do I need to take the TEAS Test?
Mount Wachusett Community College (MWCC) has made the TEAS test a requirement for admission to the Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing Certificate programs as of 2009 academic year. MWCC has set the following standards on TEAS scores for admission to improve the success of students in completing the program and obtaining licensure and certification.
MWCC strongly recommends that applicants complete program pre-and co-requisite courses especially English Composition I, Math and a four-credit lab science before taking the TEAS Test to enhance their knowledge base.
Registration and Payment
The registration fee is $60.00 which is nonrefundable/nontransferrable. Applicants who cancel or fail to show up on the date of the test will be required to complete another registration form and pay the full registration fee when rescheduling. Students are allowed to take the TEAS Test only twice within a one year span. Should you need to retest it is advisable to wait at least 30 days with remediation. To retest the applicant is required to complete the registration form with ATI and pay the $60.00 fee.
Register online at www.atitesting.com at least 48 hours before your desired test date. You will create an ATI account using your assigned MWCC Student ID in the Student/Employee ID field. Registrations are final purchases, no refunds will be granted.
The Testing Services hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Tuesday evenings by appointment. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Seats are limited.
If you need to cancel or change your appointment you must call ATI Testing (800-667-7531)at least 48 hours prior to your test date.
Testing Days and Times (only for MWCC students)
Thursday, November 14, 8:30am – FULL
Friday, November 15, 8:30am – FULL
Thursday, November 21, 8:30am – FULL
Thursday, December 5, 8:30am
Friday, December 13, 8:30am
Monday, December 30, 8:30am
Thursday, January 9, 8:30am
Tuesday, January 14, 12:00pm
Wednesday, January 15, 8:30am – deadline for RN applications
Preparation for the TEAS
There are several available study options for the TEAS, including online and/or book practice assessments and a study manual. Go to www.atitesting.com/onlinestore for more information. These materials are only available through ATI.
To learn more about TEAS, access the website at: www.atitesting.com.
To see a practice test, go tohttp://www.testprepreview.com/teas_practice.htm
On the Day of the Test
- Students must bring a valid picture ID to be admitted into the testing room. Students will not be allowed to take the test without photo identification.
- Please arrive at Room 128C 15 minutes before the starting time.
- Students will receive their test results before leaving the testing site.
- Calculators are not permitted at the testing site or during the test.
- Pencils and scrap paper will be provided and collected when the test is completed.
- Cell phones, IPods, pagers (and other electronic devices) and books, notes or study guides are prohibited from use during the test session. Any applicant using any of the above during the test session will be asked to leave the testing site immediately.
- Test dates are subject to change.