TEAS V – Test of Essential Academic Skills
The TEAS V Test is required for admission to the Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing Certificate programs at Mount Wachusett Community College. All exams are administered by appointment at the Gardner Campus in Testing Services, Room 128C.
This exam is ONLY available at Mount Wachusett Community College for MWCC applicants.
Nursing application deadlines are as follows;
September 15th …….PN Program
November 3rd ………Advanced Standing Program
December 15th ……..Bridge Program
January 15th…………RN Program
Registration is only online at www.atitesting.com.
Testing Services is unable to register TEAS exams.
- Create an account on the ATI website, or log in with an existing account.
- Click “Register for TEAS” on the lower right of the ATI homepage.
- Select the Program Type “TEAS for Nursing Students” and search for available dates at MWCC.
- Choose one of the sessions listed and continue to the next steps.
Some sessions may have sold out, and are no longer available.
JULY 1, 2015: FEE INCREASE FROM $80.00 to $90.00
- Paid online by credit card during registration.
- It is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Applicants who are late or absent on their test date will have to register and pay the full fee again.
To request reasonable accommodations for testing, please contact Glaisma Perez-Silva, Coordinator of Disability Services at 978-630-9120, prior to registering for the test.
To Cancel or Reschedule a Test:
48 hours notice is required to cancel or reschedule a test. Call ATI at 800.667.7531.
Testing Services is not able to modify registrations.
Three test attempts are allowed within a 365 day period, not per calendar year. Should you need to retest it is advisable to allow adequate study time and remediation to prepare for the retest. Retesting requires an additional ATI registration and the fee amount is the same per test.
TESTING DATES AND TIMES Availability may change. Check atitesting.com for the most up to date information.
Wednesday, 9/9 8:30am – Full
Monday 9/14 8:30am – Full
Thursday, 10/1 8:30am - Full
Monday, 10/26 8:30am
Thursday, 11/5 8:30am
Monday, 11/23 8:30am
Tuesday, 11/24 8:30am
Thursday, 12/3 8:30am
Monday, 12/7 8:30am
Day of the Test
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time.
- Valid photo ID must be presented to test.
- Pencils and scrap paper will be provided and collected when the test is completed.
- Use of materials not provided by Testing Services will end the test immediately. Test results are given before leaving Testing Services.
About the Test:
The Test of Essential Academic skills (TEAS) is a four part, web-based, supervised assessment that includes subtests in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English language usage. The TEAS Test was developed by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) to predict the academic readiness of applicants prior to admission into a healthcare program. There are 170 questions in total on the test. It is computer based, with the use of a mouse to take the test. A score report is received immediately after the test is finished.
The total testing time for all four test areas is 3 hours and 29 minutes. The amount of time allotted for each subtest is:
- Reading = 58 minutes for 48 questions
- Mathematics = 51 minutes for 34 questions
- Science = 66 minutes for 54 questions
- English and Language Usage = 34 minutes for 34 questions
Cut-off scores as of April 1, 2014
Preparation for the Test:
TEAS Prep Class
Teaches the skills you need to pass all four sections of the TEAS. Content in reading, math, English, science and test taking strategies will be provided. Students will also get 6 weeks of UNLIMITED access to online study materials, practice problems and practice tests.
Classes are only at the Devens Campus, One Jackson Place, 27 Jackson Road, Devens, MA.
September 30, October 7, 14, 21, 2015 from 5:00-7:30pm. Register
October 9, 16, 23, 30, 2015 from 9:00-11:30am. Register
There are several available study options for TEAS V on the ATI website www.atitesting.com/onlinestore, including practice assessments and Study Manual.
The Study Manual is also available at the MWCC bookstore.
www.testprepreview.com has free TEAS practice tests.
MWCC strongly recommends that applicants complete program pre-and-co-requisite courses especially English Composition I, Math and a four-credit lab science before taking the TEAS Test to enhance their knowledge base.
Mount Wachusett Community College seeks to provide equal educational and employment opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.