Company: Best Version Media
Part Time- Remote
Location: Work Remotely
Starting date: August 2020
Application Deadline: until filled
Best Version Media, an international media company headquartered in Brookfield, Wis. BVM publishes over 850 monthly magazines with locally-oriented news stories and distribute over 30 million copies between the United States and Canada. BVM serves residents, homeowners associations, villages and local businesses across North America.
This fall, BVM will be introducing a brand new internship program for their national website – BVMsports.com (launching this summer). BVM Sports is a media entity dedicated to providing local, national and international sports coverage. Setting BVM Sports apart from any other sports outlet is our professional reporting of hyperlocal athletes, coaches and teams on a national scale. Never been done before, the BVM Sports website delivers all-encompassing coverage of sports at every level — pee wee to pro — conveniently in one place.
BVM Sports is seeking students for the 2020-2021 academic school year to become Sports Writing Interns. We are looking for talented student journalists interested in expanding their portfolio with real world media experience while being provided professional-level training, one-on-one mentorship with professional writers and story critique from professional editors. Each week our interns will be given the opportunity to pursue different types of sports stories and offered advising and oversight to help them become the best version of themselves as sports writers.
Enhance your education with on-the-job experience and development. When you become a BVM Sports Writing Intern, you will:
- Get real world media experience
- Build your resume
- See YOUR byline appear on a national sports website
BVM Sports Writing Interns will:
- Write game previews & recaps
- Write player/coach/team profiles
- Write local human-interest stories
- Provide photo content to compliment articles (possibly video too)
- Share articles on personal social media platforms
BENEFITS OF BEING A BVM SPORTS WRITING INTERN: This educational internship will help interns develop their professional sports writing skills and will provide:
- Professional development through training and resources provided by leading experts in the media and sports writing/journalism fields
- Critiques of your work by professional writers and editors
- Weekly professional development opportunities and check-ins
- Coaching on how best to pitch YOUR ideas to an editor and turn them into nationally published articles
- Connection with mentors and experienced leaders in the sports and publishing industries
- First-hand experience writing in a fast-paced sports media environment
- Possible media credentials to cover sporting events AND writing award opportunities
DURATION: 16 weeks per semester (fall, spring, summer) TIMELINE: Beginning fall 2020 (August 2020) LOCATION: This is a remote opportunity.
Visit our website: https://www.bestversionmedia.com/