The MWCC Nursing program has an option for students interested in entering the Practical Nursing program – the CNA to LPN Walkway.
When students successfully complete the required CNA walkway courses at MWCC with the required grades they will be granted automatic acceptance to the Practical Nursing Program.
Minimum Academic Requirements:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Math – Statistics or Stemway (C+ or higher required)
- Nurse Assistant Theory (B or higher required)*
- College Writing I
- Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (C+ or higher required)
- Exploring Health Careers: Charting a Plan for Success (HEA 106) (B or higher required)
- Human Growth and Development
- TEAS Requirement
- Math (50.0)
- Science (35.4)
- English (53.3)
- Reading (54.8)
*Students enrolled prior to Fall 2023 must have completed both NUR 117 and NUR 118 with a B+ or higher in both classes.
Why is HEA 106: Exploring Health Careers: Charting a Plan for Success Required?
- Ideal for those interested in exploring career options
- Begins every semester
- HIPAA/Bloodborne Pathogens
- QPR (Question/Persuade/Refer)
- Narcan Training
- Fully online course
- Zoom lab 9-11am