Are you a faculty member interested in referring a student to a Paraprofessional position? Here’s what you need to know:
- All consultants must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.3 and a “B” or higher in the course/subject area they are tutoring
- Paraprofessionals must have successfully completed 12 college-level credits or more
- To refer a current student, speak with the student first, then email Dr. Robert Koch, Director of Academic Success, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is an open pool position; the listing is available HERE.
- Please feel free to share the Become a Consultant Digital Flyer with prospective student tutors, it contains all the info they need to apply!
Promoting Tutor Use
The Learning Success Center relies on faculty to:
- recommend qualified consultants
- announce our services to classes
- enable the “tutoring” link in Blackboard
- bring classes to our center for tours
- arrange for our staff to visit classes
Hearing about the Learning Success Center from an instructor encourages students to explore the resources available to them. Here is our official syllabus statement:
Learning Success Center Syllabus Statement
Grow your skills! Learning assistance is available for students in a variety of disciplines and may be accessed in different ways.
- Walk-in and face-to-face appointment assistance with math, writing, and select other subjects is available by visiting LaChance Library (Gardner campus) Monday through Friday 9am-2pm, or Room 123 (Leominster campus) Monday through Thursday from 1-4pm.
- Online appointments are available by emailing the Learning Success Center at email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your needed appointment. Not every subject is covered on all days at all times, so the more advance notice you provide, the better.
- Online support is also available through our third-party service ThinkingStorm. Please visit your Blackboard site for access to this service.
Questions about service options or student employment inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-630-9333.