MWCC employs 3 levels of tutors:
- peer tutors (current students not holding an associate’s degree)
- paraprofessional tutors (have earned an associate’s degree)
- professional tutors (have earned a bachelor’s degree)
- professional tutors are divided into 2 groups: those who work on one of our regular campuses (Gardner and/or Leominster) and those who work within our 2nd Chance Pell Program (in one of three correctional facilities)
- Complete the online application to become a peer tutor here, a paraprofessional tutor here, or a professional tutor here (the application to become a professional tutor in our 2nd Chance Pell Program is here).
- Contact the Academic Support Center to discuss available opportunities.
- Obtain a copy of your transcript! All applicants must bring a transcript (unofficial transcripts are accepted) to their interview. MWCC students are able to provide DegreeWorks audits.
Tutors must have a B or better in the courses they wish to tutor and an over GPA of at least 3.3. Tutors work, on average, 10-15 hours a week throughout the regular academic year and limited hours during summer and winter breaks.