- Complete the online application to become a peer tutor here, a paraprofessional tutor here, or a professional tutor here (the application to become a professional tutor in our 2nd Chance Pell Program is here).
- Contact the Academic Support Center to discuss available opportunities.
- Obtain a copy of your transcript! All applicants must bring a transcript (unofficial transcripts are accepted) to their interview. MWCC students are able to provide DegreeWorks audits.
- Peer tutors must have a B+ grade or higher in all courses they wish to tutor.
- Paraprofessional and Professional tutors must have a B or better in the courses they wish to tutor as well as an overall GPA of at least 3.3.
- These are “open pool” positions, which means you can apply at any time and when a new tutor is needed we will look through the pool and interview qualified applicants.
- Tutors work, on average, 10-15 hours a week throughout the regular academic year and limited hours during summer and winter breaks.
The Academic Support Center has a Level One certification through the College Reading and Learning Association, which sponsors the International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC). MWCC tutors are supported through their individual Level One certification process.