Mount Wachusett Community College employs tutors in several areas of the college. The Academic Support Center serves credit level MWCC students at all of our campuses, the Visions and Rx TRiO programs serve credit level students on the Gardner campus, the Health Care Opportunity Program (HCOP) serves dual enrollment students in Fitchburg and Athol as well as the Gardner campus, and the GEAR UP program serves middle school students in Fitchburg.
There are 3 open pool positions:
- Paraprofessional Tutor: must have successfully completed a minimum of 12 college level credits an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Professional Tutor: must have a B or better in the courses they wish to tutor as well as an overall GPA of at least 3.3. Professional tutors must also have, at minimum, a completed Bachelor’s degree.
- Prison Program Professional Tutor: must have a B or better in the courses they wish to tutor as well as an overall GPA of at least 3.3 and be willing to tutor in NCCI Gardner and/or Shirley
- Complete the online application to become a paraprofessional tutor here, professional tutor here, or prison program professional tutor here.
- Contact the Academic Support Center to discuss available opportunities.
- Obtain a copy of your transcript! All applicants must bring a transcript (unofficial transcripts are accepted) to their interview. MWCC students are able to provide DegreeWorks audits.
- These are “open pool” positions, which means you can apply at any time and when a new tutor is needed we will look through the pool and interview qualified applicants.
- Tutors work, on average, 10-15 hours a week throughout the regular academic year and limited hours during summer and winter breaks.
- Tutors are often employed in other areas of the college as well. Please note that faculty are not permitted to tutor their own classes.
- Current MWCC students are permitted to use this form to obtain faculty references.