Are you a faculty member interested in referring a student to paraprofessional tutor position? Here’s what you need to know:
- All tutors must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.3 and a “B” or higher grade in course/subject area they are tutoring
- Paraprofessional tutors must have successfully completed 12 college level credits or more
- To refer a current student to a tutor position, speak with the student first and complete THIS form should they choose to apply.
- This is an open pool position and the listing is available HERE.
Please feel free to share THIS site with prospective student tutors, it contains all the info they need to apply!
Promoting Tutor Use
Without the support of MWCC faculty, the Academic Support Center would not be able to serve students as well as we do. We rely on faculty to provide a number of key services:
- recommend qualified tutors
- announce our services to classes
- enable the “tutoring” link in Blackboard
- bring classes to our center for a tour
- arrange for someone from the center to visit classes
Hearing about the Academic Support Center from an instructor encourages students to explore the resources available to them. Below is a sample paragraph about the Academic Support Center that you could include on your syllabus.
Sample Description for Your Syllabus
|The Academic Support Center is available to students for free. The most up-to-date information about options and services will always be posted at mwcc.edu/tutoring . Students can also email the Academic Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information or a tutoring appointment.|