This course covers the following: Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer-Lifeguard. This is a blended learning course, with the candidates using online learning and test-taking to accent classroom skills. Access to the internet and a printer a required for this course.
THE MINIMUM AGE FOR THIS COURSE IS 15 BY FRIDAY, APRIL 23TH
Proof of age in form of a driver’s license, birth certificate or passport must be presented at the pre-test!
Registration takes place in person at the front desk of Mount Fitness.
Monday, April 12, 2021, 5 – 7 PM, Mount Fitness Pool
Students who do not pass the pre-test will not be permitted to enroll in the course.
- Skill 1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing, front crawl/breaststroke
- Skill 2. Treading water using only your legs (hands placed under armpits)
- Skill 3. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards, using a head or feet first surface dive, dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound brick, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point while holding the object with both hands, and exit the water to a standing position without a ladder or steps within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Goggles may be used for skill 1, but NOT for 2 or 3
Students must attend ALL classes and complete online work in-between classroom sessions.
Dates & Times
|Monday||April 19||10 am – 2 pm|
|Tuesday||April 20||10 am – 2 pm|
|Wednesday||April 21||10 am – 2 pm|
|Thursday||April 22||10 am – 2 pm|
|Friday||April 23||10 am – 2 pm|
Location: Mount Fitness Center, 444 Green Street, Gardner MA 01440
Fees: $300 – Payable to MWCC at the time of registration and submission of the registration form.
Cancellation: If the student withdraws before April 19th a $50 non-refundable fee will be applied. If the student withdraws on or after April 19th a $100 non-refundable fee will be applied.
- There is a 10 participant maximum for this course and a 6 participant minimum
- Punctual attendance is required AT ALL CLASS SESSIONS. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE!
- The registration deadline is April 12th. 2021
For more information, contact Jacque Renwick @978-630-9354 or firstname.lastname@example.org