Get more out of your high school education, earn college credit and your high school diploma all with more freedom and less of the drama.
Two FREE full-time Early College program options are available at the Mount.
Pathways Early College Experience
Providing Academic Rigor for Motivated Students
Mount Wachusett Community College is pleased to offer this free Early College High School opportunity to motivated students who would like to get a jump start on college. The goal of Pathways is to provide 20 high school students, per year, the opportunity to earn their high school diploma and an Associate degree while completing their junior and senior year taking courses at MWCC. The primary goals of this initiative are:
- To address the needs of motivated students who would like to enroll in college courses prior to high school graduation.
- To boost enrollment and retention of diverse student populations.
- To graduate students with a high school diploma and an Associate degree.
- To allow students the opportunity to fulfill their educational dreams.
Why should you choose Pathways Early College?
- You’re ready for the academic challenge and rigor of college courses.
- You want to earn an Associate Degree while completing high school.
- You’re prepared to integrate into the intellectual, social and academic environment of a college campus.
Gateway to College
Providing Greater Flexibility and Support than Traditional High School
Gateway to College is a unique and free dual enrollment opportunity for students who either have not experienced success in the traditional high school setting or are looking for a new opportunity to excel while still in high school or home school. Gateway students have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma with the added benefit of receiving free college credits toward an associate degree or certificate through a variety of career-focused pathways.
Students who should consider Gateway to College:
- Have not earned a high school diploma (includes currently enrolled students), GED/HiSET recipients, home-schooled students and students who left high school prior to graduating
- Are at least 16, no older than 21
- Live in Massachusetts
- Are motivated and willing to work hard