Job Title: Clinical Social Worker (D) – (200000AE)
Agency Name: Department of Mental Health
Location: Worcester, MA
Application Deadline: 3/18/20 or until filled
Salary: 69,031.30 – 93,875.34 Yearly
Job Description: The Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital (WRCH) at the Department of Mental Health (DMH) is seeking an experienced, dynamic and compassionate candidate to serve as a Clinical Social Worker (D). The selected candidate will enhance the level of service provided to clients within an inpatient hospital setting.
Please Note: This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. The selected candidate will work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Days off are Saturday and Sunday.
Duties and Responsibilities (these are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Provides highly skilled clinical services to patients and families including psychosocial assessments, diagnosis and current psychosocial histories; conducts clinical interviews with patients, their families and significant others.
- Initiates a clinical leadership role in the interdisciplinary treatment team for the purpose of developing, implementing and revising patient treatment plans.
- Implements treatment by providing a flexible array of highly skilled interventions including individual, family and group therapy as designated in the current treatment plan.
- Assumes a leadership role in planning, developing, and coordinating the patient’s discharge plans in collaboration with the treatment team and case manager.
- Documents initial psychosocial history and/or update, progress notes and aftercare treatment plan in the patient’s record according to departmental and agency standards and time frames.
- Assesses patient’s eligibility for entitlements and assists patients in making applications.
- Initiates leadership in identifying, developing and implementing the therapeutic milieu of the ward.
- Provides clinical supervision to clinical social workers and graduate students as assigned by the Chief of Clinical Social Work; participates in supervision, ward and discipline meetings.
- Delivers highly skilled clinical social work consultation and training to other disciplines and community agencies as assigned by Chief of Clinical Social Work.
- Participates in department and hospital committees as assigned by the supervisor/ Director of Social Work.
- Ability to supervise social work staff and students and be knowledgeable of supervisory methods and techniques.
- Ability to develop policies/procedures, implementation and evaluation of treatment programs.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical social work methods, including psycho-social diagnosis and individual, group and family treatment.
- Skilled in providing clinical leadership to interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Talent for evaluating professional clinical performance of social workers and facilitate social work methods and techniques.
- Ability to provide a leadership role in collaborating with other agencies.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Candidates must be able to read, write and otherwise communicate in English.
- ASL a plus.
- Given the population served, bilingual or multilingual fluency.
For the full job description, or to apply, go online: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200000AE