Company: The Paper Store
The Paper Store is the largest family owned and operated chain of specialty gift stores in New England. The Distribution Center provides a fun, fast paced, yet challenging work environment. Our leadership team focuses on team building, cross training and providing growth opportunity for all employees.
The DC is a really wonderful place to work. It is especially great for people who are looking for entry-level experience but prefer to stay in the back-of-the-house. There is no customer interaction with this position and we have a warm, positive, teamwork orientated culture. Everyone works together to be as productive as possible and we offer all sorts of incentives for high production. It is a fast-paced, procedure driven business offering $14 per hour.
On top of a friendly work culture, we are also very aware of the current climate. We do everything we can on a daily basis to ensure a clean facility. We sanitize before the start of 1st shift (the only shift we offer at this time) with an industrial sanitation machine, we have plenty of sanitizer and hand soap, we require all employees to wear masks, and encourage anyone who is feeling ill to stay home. Compassion and understanding of needed time off during the pandemic is necessary to ensure the safety of all.
Finally, we are offering a few interview options to make sure applicants are comfortable in the way they learn more about the job. I will be conducting all interviews myself, either in person at my office in Leominster, over the phone, or over video (Facetime, Zoom, Microsoft Teams – whatever works best for the applicant). I am happy to take any suggestions for additional ways to interview as well.
The position is for 1st shift which runs from 8am-4:30pm with a 30 minute unpaid break. We do not offer overtime every week, but we do often offer overtime with extended and weekend shifts when the workload permits. Part-time and full-time opportunities are available.
Please see the link to the job description and you can find the link to apply below.
- Be a TPS Brand Ambassador
- Cross train in all areas of the warehouse
- Check, verify and inspect to ensure products are of good quality and damage-free
- Count, tag and pack product as well as keep track of inventory
- Detail check UPCs, item #s, prices, shortages, overages, damages, miss ships, etc.
- Identify, separate, label and palletize merchandise for relocation to appropriate area of DC
- Ensure proper product pricing by tagging, ticketing and labeling with appropriate UPCs on corresponding merchandise
- Restock pick areas identified by replenishment screens/reports to fulfill request for merchandise
- Verify, pull, split and ship replenishment product for stores
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the DC to provide safe environment for you and your coworkers
- Pull and pack orders directly for consumers
- Perform any all duties assigned by Distribution Center leadership
- Have a positive attitude and be self–motivated
- Be 18 yrs. or older • Have basic math and computer skills
- Speak, read and understand English for effective communication with key members
- Flexibility with scheduling (willing to work overtime when necessary)
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, stoop and twist
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds
- Ability to stand for the entire shift
- Ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds with use of pallet jack
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Prior warehouse experience and RF Scan technology a plus