Company: Advanced Cable Ties
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday
Pay Rate: $12.00-15.00 per hour
Application Deadline: until filled
Reports to: Shift Supervisor Grade: TBD
The Packer will produce cable ties in accordance with our predetermined quality standards. The Packer will work on assigned machinery to produce cable ties, ensuring accurate counts and weights per package in accordance with order specifications. The Packer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of product, proper packaging and labels to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required of the Packer:
- Operation of the designated machine in an efficient and safe manner.
- Hand-pick product, counting the amount of cable ties to full customer order.
- lnspect cable ties/parts for defects while ensuring consistent quality of the final product.
- Must verify the counts and quality of product being packed.
- Use of a scale to verify weights of product to be packed.
- Effectively communicate with off-going and on-coming shift packers to inform of machine performance and other issues during shift.
- Notify cell leader, mold technician or shift supervisor of any problems outside the control of the operator.
- Successful completion of all company required and job-specific training.
- Perform routine housekeeping of assigned machine work area.
- Performs additional duties as required.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Accuracy of counts and ensuring quality of cable ties while packing of cable ties.
- Must maintain consistent and efficient production levels.
- Adherence to our ACT Quality Standards.
- Interacts regularly with cell leaders, mold technicians and supervisor level.
- Work is mostly routine and based on company procedures and quality standards.
- Supervision required for day-to-day functions.
- Work is reviewed through results from quality team “in-process inspections” and audits.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position does not supervise other employees.
- SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be detail oriented, meet deadlines, multi-task and able to work independently.
- Must possess the fundamentals of math, such as: add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Must communicate verbally and in writing using Basic English language.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Packer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Able to understand and work from verbal and written English instructions.
- Able to understand and work with basic math functions and counting.
- Must have knowledge in the use of computers for entry of orders.
- Must be able to lift and stack materials up to 40 lbs.
- Regular physical exertion required of lifting, stretching and bending.
- Work performed is typically standing in one location, while performing assigned duties.
- Utilizes finger dexterity to pick and pack cable ties and data entry into computer.
- Must be capable of effective oral communication via face to face.
- Mental & Visual Demands
- Mental concentration required to count and use basic math functions.
- Work requires visual effort of significant duration to view product, ensuring quality of product is being produced.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS
- Work environment is that typical of clean manufacturing, using robotic systems.
- At times, the work environment is that of a working warehouse due to use of material handling equipment.
- Noise level consistent with system alarms and overhead announcements
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://www.advancedcableties.com/careers/
Advanced Cable Ties, Inc.
245 Suffolk Lane
Gardner, MA 01440
1 (800) 861-7228