Full Time, Part Time
Company: The Northeast Independent Living Program, Inc. (NILP)
Application Deadline: Until filled
NILP is a rapidly growing, human service agency who assists persons with all types of disabilities who wish to live independently in their community throughout Northeast Massachusetts. NILP provides five core services of Advocacy, Peer Counseling, Information and Referral, Independent Living Skills Training, and Transition. NILP believes in consumer control and self direction and provides these services with the knowledge that persons with disabilities are the best determinants of their needs and goals.
Position Overview: The LPN will conduct the timely completion of re-evaluations with regard to the redetermination of personal care needs of existing consumers with disabilities on our PCA Program. We are seeking applicants with excellent written and verbal communication skills and previous experience working with and/or knowledge of issues concerning people with disabilities.
What you will be doing:
- Contacting consumers to schedule and conduct re-evaluations
- Completion of MassHealth PCA re-evaluations in a timely manner in order to meet MassHealth submission deadlines
- Keeping current on MassHealth regulations pertaining to the PCA re-evaluation process to ensure program compliance • Documentation in database programs
- Assisting PCA staff in obtaining required updated signatures
- Following-up with doctors and consumers as needed
Who we are looking for?
- A person currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and in good standing with the Board
- At least one year of experience in providing services to persons with disabilities
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Experience working with individuals in home, acute or long-term care setting
- Experience working with and/or knowledge of issues concerning people with Disabilities preferred
The Northeast Independent Living Program, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons with disabilities, women, and persons of color to apply for this position.
For additional information or to apply, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
(978) 687-4288 Ext. 176