COMPANY: Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce
LOCATION: Gardner, MA
HOURS: 12 hours per week and schedule is flexible
PAY RATE: Up to $18.00 per hour depending on experience
Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit organization, is looking for an enthusiastic, qualified candidate to join our team. The Chamber is focused on economic development and community engagement in our region: Ashburnham, Barre, Gardner, Hubbardston, Templeton, Westminster, and Winchendon.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
• Timely and accurate generation of Member dues billings and reports
• Active outreach and promotion of Chamber Membership to local businesses and organizations
• Establishment of strong professional relationships within the Chamber’s service area focused on building a network of referrals to connect with new and existing local businesses
• Maintenance of a monthly log of contacts and potential members to be reviewed with the President/CEO • Accurate and timely data entry and maintenance in membership database
• Active outreach to Members who are 60-90 days past due
• Work with other Chamber of Commerce colleagues, internally and regionally, to seek new and improved approaches for enhancing the Chamber’s Membership recruitment efforts
• Maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality
• Answering incoming phone lines as a point of contact for Members and the community
• Prompt follow up on all communications and inquiries
• Logistical support (preparation, day-of, and post-event) for all Chamber events and programs
• Work with team to track event/program registrations, billings, payments, and follow up as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills and be outgoing in professional/social settings. Position requires a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook, familiarity with social media platforms, and web browsers. Prior experience with QuickBooks is a plus. Real-time training in membership database, ChamberMaster, will be provided.
• Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, possess excellent time management skills and comfortable interacting with business professionals representing multiple sectors and industries
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time and to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
• Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive, possessing own vehicle
• Position requires (3) 4-hour shifts/week, with some flexibility – office hours are M-F, 8am-5pm
• Expected dress code is professional
Position is part time, 12 hours per week and schedule is flexible within reason. Must be available to work some evenings and weekends as needed. The Member Relations Coordinator will interact and network with community leaders and business professionals of different backgrounds and will be expected to understand and respond to local business concerns. The position reports to the President and CEO.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce team is a small group of professionals dedicated to the growth of business in our region and the health of our local economy. We provide a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment. We are supported by a robust, engaged Board of Directors who volunteer their time on behalf of the business organizations they represent.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
President and CEO
COMPANY’S NAME, ADDRESS AND WEBSITE:
Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce
29 Parker Street
PO Box 1381
Gardner, MA 01440
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://gardnerma.com/