Start Near…Go Far!
Why study abroad?
- Increase your understanding of other cultures.
- Connect to new people and a new environment.
- Earn transfer credit!
- Gain independence, self confidence, and self-reliance!
- Make your resume unique!
- Sharpen interpersonal skills.
- Learn more about yourself.
- Learn a new language (many English-only programs are available).
- Make lifelong friends!
- Full academic year
- Full semester
- Short term travel-study
- There is a program for every student!
Am I eligible?
Most host institutions require sophomore status and a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average, although some programs have more specific criteria. A passport is necessary and a student visa is required by some countries. The program is open to day, evening, and online students, both part time and full time.
How much does it cost?
Financial aid applies to approved programs. Students apply for financial aid through MWCC. Numerous scholarships, grants, and loans also supplement the student’s own contribution.
Costs include tuition, fees, and books as well as living expenses, social activities, and excursions that are part of the planned program in which the student may want to participate. Airfare, ground transportation, departure taxes, and personal spending are also included in calculating the financial aid package.
Where do I begin?
Students should apply early. Planning should begin one full semester ahead.
Dr. Laurie Occhipinti
Dean, Liberal Arts, Education, Humanities and Communications