How to ApplyA community college education is the most affordable option in higher education today. Low tuition and fees, combined with financial assistance for eligible students, allow many to attend MWCC with little to no out-of-pocket expenses. Some financial aid programs have limited availability. Students who apply by May 1, for September enrollment, will meet the Massachusetts State Scholarship deadline and may receive a better financial aid package than later applicants. Applications are processed year-round, and some types of financial aid are unlimited and not subject to deadlines. All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid, even if they think they may not qualify.
- All new MWCC students must be admitted to an eligible degree or certificate program. It is recommended that you apply for admission to MWCC and for financial aid at the same time.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You may list up to 10 different college codes on the FAFSA, make sure that MWCC (school code 002172) is listed as one of your choices.
- Returning MWCC students must re-apply for financial aid by May 1 of every year.
- Certain applications are randomly selected for a verification process. Students will be notified via email if follow-up documentation is required.
- Once all requested documents are received and processed, an award notification is sent via email and may also be viewed online via the iConnect portal.