Develop your skills in a one-on-one learning environment. Receive close attention to your individual creative development. Build a strong portfolio for successful transfer to a four-year college or university.
The MWCC Art Program can help you get ready for your future.
- Transferability (MWCC’s art program is renowned for turning out students who are well-prepared to transfer to well-established four-year art colleges and universities
- Dedicated faculty
- Well-equipped, spacious art studios
- East Wing Art Gallery on campus where student’s work is often displayed
- After earning a bachelor’s degree, students have many career options, from studio art, to teaching, to curation and museum administration, to design.
- Art Club
Art Club offers the opportunity for students to take part in activities and trips to art museums in New England and New York.
Courses are offered in:
- Portfolio Preparation
- Art History
- Two and Three Dimensional Design
The Mount Wachusett Community College Art program provides students with a series of competency-based courses designed to teach the fundamentals of visual art. The program offers experience in two-and three-dimensional creative processes and provides a historical context for the appreciation of art. Upon graduation, students majoring in art will have developed a comprehensive portfolio which will enable them to seek advanced study towards the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Applied Arts, or Art Education at a four-year college, university, or art institute. The art program is committed to promoting and supporting the visual arts in the Montachusett community through its studio art courses designed for non-art majors, workshops, competitions, guest lecturers, and gallery exhibitions.