In turn-of-the century New York, everything is changing…and anything is possible. The stories of an upper-class wife, a determined Jewish immigrant and a daring young Harlem musician are united by their desire and belief in a brighter tomorrow. Winning Tony Awards for Best Book and Best Musical Score, this 13-time Tony Award nominated musical is a timeless celebration of life – what it could and should be!
Performances: August 11, 12, 18 & 19 at 8PM, August 20 at 2PM
For more than 39 years, Theatre at the Mount has been Central Massachusetts’ premier regional theatre presenting high quality entertainment at affordable prices. TAM’s season consists of five full-scale musicals and plays, a spring children’s show for young people and a fall touring production performed at local elementary schools. Additionally, TAM offers Summer Drama Camp programs for children and teens and sponsors the TAMY award program, celebrating excellence in high school musicals. Season tickets packages, dinner theatre options and backstage tours for groups are also available.
The Eastern Massachusetts Association of Community Theatres (EMACT) recently announced the nominees for the 2016 – 2017 “DASH” Awards (Distinguished Achievement and Special Honors). Of the 100 productions entered in the competition, Theatre at the Mount received nominations in 20 categories. Nominations were awarded to:
- Best Supporting Actor (Musical) – Michael Celularo
- Best Youth Actor (Musical) – Jaden Scott
- Best Set Dressing (Play) – Lorien Corbelletti and Gail Steele
- Best Costume Design (Play) – David Allen Prescott
- Best Stage Management (Play) – Gail Allen
- Best Prop Coordination (Play) – Lorien Corbelletti, Gail Steele, Jeff Boisseau
- Best Specialty Ensemble (Play) – The Three G’s
- Best Lead Actor (Play) – David Allen Prescott
- Best Ensemble Performance (Play) – Cast
- Best Direction (Play) – Lorien Corbelletti
- Best Production (Play) – Boeing, Boeing
- Best Supporting Actress (Musical) – Pam Sontag
- Best Youth Actress (Musical) – Emma Waterhouse
- Best Prop Coordination (Musical) – Celeste Billia
- Best Lead Actress (Musical) – Christy Wendlandt
- Best Lead Actor (Musical) – Timmy Chase
- Best Musical Direction – Joanne Landry
- Best Production (Musical) – Mary Poppins
JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH
- Best Youth Actress (Musical) – Sadie Kennedy
- Best Specialty Ensemble (Musical) – The Insects
View Complete List of Nominees
Winners will be announced at the DASH Gala on Saturday, August 26 at Cary Hall in Lexington.
Tickets for the event are available on the EMACT website.
Click on image to enlarge