Paramedic Technology Program – Go from EMT to Paramedic in One Year
If you’re already an EMT and want to advance your career, our program may be right for you. The MWCC Paramedic Technology program is fast-paced and intense. We take a limited number of students and admissions are competitive. When you finish, you will be ready to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Paramedic Certification Exam.
Paramedics need to make quick decisions. The more you know, the better you will perform under pressure. That’s why our four-semester program includes hands-on training and clinical site experience in addition to traditional classroom education.
- You will get the latest, up-to-date paramedic education with our hands-on curriculum
- You will work with brand-new equipment including a SimManⓇ 3G emergency patient simulator, iSimulate™ cardiac monitors, and LIFEPAKⓇ 15 monitor/defibrillator
- You will get additional certifications that you more marketable when you graduate – without paying extra – because they are embedded in our program:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Medical Life Support
- Emergency Pediatric Care
- Geriatric Emergency Medical Services
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care
- The paramedic job field will grow by 15% through 2026*
- You will learn from experienced instructors dedicated to student success
- Class schedules are designed for the “working student” with evening and weekend class times
*According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Program Time Commitment
Please be aware that the time commitment of this program differs from a traditional educational program. Classes are typically held a couple of times a week, are 5+ hours long and are mostly held in the evenings and on Saturdays.
- Accredited by the Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services
- MWCC is an Authorized Training Center for all National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) Certification Courses
- The Mount Wachusett Community College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT’s Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation. To contact CoAEMSP: 8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111‐312 Rowlett, TX 75088 214‐703-8445 FAX 214-703-8992 www.coaemsp.org
- Documentation of high school completion or high school equivalency
- Documentation of ability to perform college-level work (either placement test results or official transcripts)
- Proof of current EMT license
- Proof of one year of EMT Experience or at least 75 Patient Contacts
- Supervisor evaluation
- Current American Heart CPR Certification
Note that admitted students must meet additional requirements including immunizations, liability insurance, health insurance, a Criminal/Sexual Offender Records Information (CORI/SORI) check, fingerprinting, and drug testing.
Paramedic Program Outcomes
2019 Graduate Outcomes Class 1
- Total number of 2019 graduates: 9
- 100 % Pass Rate on the NREMT Practical Exam
- 89.9% of 2019 graduates received NREMT Paramedic Certification
- 100% employment as a Paramedic within 6 months of graduation.
2020 Graduate Outcomes
No graduates during the 2020 reporting year.
Program delayed due to COVID.
2021 May Graduate Outcomes Class 2 (Delayed by COVID)
- Total number of graduates: 8
- 88% Pass Rate on the NREMT Practical Exam (1 student retested one station)
- 75% of May 2021 graduates receive NREMT Paramedic Certification (two students are in the NREMT written exam testing process as of January 2022)
- 100% of Class 2 gained employment as Paramedics
2021 December Graduate Outcomes Class 3
- Total number of graduates: 6
- 100% first-time pass on both NREMT written and practical exam
- 100% of Class 3 gained employment as Paramedics immediately after graduation