The Veteran Student Success Center was established specifically to address the unique academic, financial, physical, and social needs of veterans transitioning from soldier to student. Staff are committed to provide Military Service Members, Veterans and their families with quality assistance and guidance throughout their academic career at MWCC. Feel free to visit the Director of Veteran Services located on the main campus in room 145 for support, resources and information. We offer assistance with:
- Steps to Enroll
- Register for classes
- Review of Military Transcripts
- Veterans benefits and financial aid
- Textbook loan program
- Referrals to on and off-campus service providers
- Peer Tutoring/Peer Mentoring
Mount Wachusett Community College officially subscribes to the US Dept of Education’s 8 Keys of Veteran Success.
The 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success
1. Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
2. Ensure consistent and sustained support for veterans from campus leadership.
3. Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
4. Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space (even if limited in size).
5. Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
6. Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention and degree completion.
7. Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
8. Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.
Join us for the Comics on a Mission Comedy Show
An evening of fun and laughs at Theatre at the Mount featuring an outstanding line-up of Boston comedians. All proceeds benefit veteran students of Mount Wachusett Community College.
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Tickets: $20.00 (General Admission)
Please note: General admission tickets and student tickets must be purchased separately. We apologize for the inconvenience.