Follow the instructions below to request your student ID.
Student IDs are not being processed at this time!
If you are a new or transferring student beginning in the Fall 2021 semester we will begin processing IDs in August.
Please note, we do not issue IDs for the summer session.
- Ensure that you are registered for credit bearing classes for the upcoming fall or spring semester.
- Pay the $10 fee (see instructions below).
- Complete the online form where you will upload your picture, a copy of your payment receipt, and a copy of your state issued ID (if you choose) for verification purposes.
- If you chose not to submit a copy of your state issued ID register for an ID verification appointment (NOTE: This will schedule a 30 minute meeting, but it will actually only take a few minutes).
- Receive your Student Photo ID in the mail.
Only students registered for credit bearing courses are eligible to receive a Student Photo ID. Be sure that you are registered for the upcoming or current fall or spring semester.
Student Photo IDs are not issued during:
- The last 5 weeks of the current semester
- Summer semester
- Winter intersession
Students seeking an ID during these times must wait until the next fall or spring semester to receive a Student Photo ID
Students beginning classes during Cycle 2 must wait until classes begin to get a Student Photo ID.
Student Photo IDs cost $10. This fee is for both new and replacement IDs and must be paid prior to receiving your printed ID card. Please click here to be taken to the secure payment area; you will need a credit or debit card to make the purchase.
You will receive a confirmation via email that you will then need to upload to the online form along with your photo.
NOTE: If you are in need of clinical IDs for nursing or some other program the cost is $4 for two IDs, please click here.
Please read these photo submission instructions carefully and then click on the link below to complete the online form.
Student Photo ID Picture Submission Requirements:
- Picture MUST be in color, and be a good likeness of you, taken within the last six months.
- You must be the only person in the picture.
- Photos must be headshots that measure at least one inch in length. They can be larger.
Photos must be a clear, front view, full face shot, taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses or any other obstruction of the face, including the head resting on hands. No part of your head may be cut off, please allow for space all around your picture.
- Photos should be taken against a plain background if possible. Please ensure that there is a contrast between the background and your picture (if you have light colored hair use a darker background).
- No Instagram filters, weird angles, or chopping off parts of your head or face. This is for your ID, not Snapchat.
- Do not tilt or turn your head, this picture should look just like a driver's license photo.
- Pictures must be an attachment in jpeg/jpg format.
***A good rule of thumb is to think of this photo as a passport photo***
Click here to be redirected to InvolveMOUNT to complete the form. NOTE: If you have not previously registered for InvolveMOUNT you will need to register first (this only takes a few minutes) and then you will be taken to the form.
If you have difficulty uploading your photo try using a different browser. If you are still experiencing issues uploading a file please go to the Engage Help Desk to report the issue. This will be the quickest way to solve your problem and get your form submitted in a timely manner.
If you submitted a copy of your state issued ID there is no need to attend an ID Verification Appointment.
If you did not submit a copy of your state issued ID you will need to schedule an ID Verification Appointment via Zoom. When scheduling the appointment be sure to include "Student ID" in the notes section. Please be sure to have access to a camera and have your identification ready.
One of the following items is required to obtain an MWCC Student Photo ID:
- a state motor vehicle license (or learner’s permit)
- a passport
- a military ID
- a state issued identification card (available at RMV)
Note: If you do not have any of the above state issued IDs, please plan to submit or show two of the following:
- High School Photo ID
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
Once all of the steps have been completed your printed MWCC Student Photo ID Card will be mailed to you at the address you provided in the online form.
Due to classes being conducted primarily via web courses, we will not be requiring students to update the validation stickers on their student IDs. If a student has a compelling reason that requires them to receive an updated semester sticker they should email Student Life at MWCCStudentID@mwcc.mass.edu explaining why they need a sticker and if it is deemed necessary, one will be mailed to them.
If you have any questions please email MWCCStudentID@mwcc.mass.edu