Achieve Distinction as a Mount Student
Are you an ambitious student who wants to go deeper into your academic studies? If so, you may want to apply to the MWCC Honors Program.
The Honors Program enables highly motivated students to join with faculty from various disciplines to form a community that supports scholarship, personal growth, and service. Program opportunities include special honors courses, colloquiums, research contracts, tutorials, and individual advising.
Benefits of the Honors Program
The Honors Program offers students the opportunity to study and learn in a challenging educational environment. Students benefit from:
- Use of an exclusive Honors Center (a convenient place to meet, study, print, and collaborate with other Honors students) in Room H312.
- Tuition waiver during your final semester at MWCC
- Special recognition at graduation (a special stole worn over your gown)
- “Commonwealth Honors Program Scholar” designation on your official college transcript
- Recognition as an Honors Scholar by all Massachusetts public universities
The Honors Program is perfect for students seeking transfer to a competitive four-year college and/or seeking additional intellectual pursuits. The Honors Program is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) and the Northeast Regional Honors Council (NCHC), and is approved as a Commonwealth Honors Program by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education (DHE).