What is Academic Advising?
Academic Advising is a collaborative process between you, your faculty, and academic advisors using a team approach. This approach is designed to help you develop skills you need to succeed in college and transition to life after you leave MWCC.
Academic Advising includes four areas of specialization organized around your Program of Study. These include:
Why would I see an Advisor?
ANY question is a good reason to see your advisor, but these are the most common:
- What is my overall academic plan?
- How do I manage my time?
- I want to transfer. How do I do that?
- How do I change my major or change my schedule?
- What do I take next semester?
- How do I stay in good academic and financial aid standing?
- What are my options if I am on warning or suspension?
- I don’t know what to major in. Who can I talk to about this?
- I know what I want to major in, but I have no idea what I want to do once I graduate.
- I like a lot of different subjects, and I keep changing my major because I’m not sure which one is the best for me. Who can help me narrow my choices?
Who is my Advisor?
Many students have a faculty member as their academic advisor – an expert in your field of study. In addition, all students are welcome to see Academic Advisors. Look up your Academic Advisor in iConnect or stop by the Advising Center (Room 125, Gardner) to talk about student success, your program of study, your career, financial literacy, transfer options, or anything else you need to chat about! We’re here to support you.
Where does Academic Advising happen?
Advisors are available to you in your classrooms (your faculty!) or through the following:
Need help right now? Call the Advising Center at 978-630-9109 or drop by room 125 on the Gardner campus. For the Leominster campus, call 978-630-9812 and speak with an advisor.
Should you call, email, or Facebook message us please include both your name and student ID number so we can serve your request quickly.
Get a Sneak Peek of the Advising Center with the 360° Tour Below!