REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER & FALL COURSES IS OPEN!
- Maximize your financial aid eligibility (summer aid may be available)
- Set your class schedule now so you can plan for summer and fall
What is Academic Advising?
Academic Advising is a collaborative process between you, your faculty, and academic advisors using a team approach. This approach is designed to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in college and transition to life after you leave MWCC.
Academic Advising includes areas of specialization organized around you and your educational goals:
Advisors also provide student support services and referrals to other college departments on behalf of their advisees.
When you have questions, ask an advisor! Here is a sample of what types of questions we get asked.
- What is my overall academic plan?
- I don’t know what to major in. Who can I talk to about this?
- I like a lot of different subjects, and I keep changing my major because I’m not sure which one is the best for me. Who can help me narrow down my choices?
- I want to transfer after earning my degree. How do I do that?
- How do I change my major or change my schedule?
- What courses should I take next semester?
- How do I stay in good academic and financial aid standing?
- What are my options if I am on warning or suspension?
- How do I manage my time?
Who is my Advisor?
Many students have an assigned faculty advisor – an expert in your program of study. In addition, students are assigned an Academic Advisor. Be sure to look up your Academic Advisor in iConnect or contact us to get connected to your advisor. We are here to guide and support you through your time here at MWCC. **Visions/Rx (TRiO SSS) are assigned advisors from the program.
Where does Academic Advising happen?
Advisors are available to you in your classrooms (your faculty!) or through the following:
- Individual appointments (in Gardner, Leominster, or Devens)
- Student Success 101 via Blackboard
Can an advisor help me register for classes?
Yes! Academic advisors assist students with educational planning, which includes course registration. Students are also encouraged to review their Degree Works audit and register for courses or drop courses via WebConnect. ***Selective Health programs register with their program advisors.
*Please remember to provide us with your name and student ID number when conducting outreach to Advising. Emails should be sent from your MWCC student email account along with your name and student ID in order to serve you efficiently.
Get a Sneak Peek of the Advising Center with the 360° Tour Below!