What is Academic Advising?
Academic Advising is a collaborative process between you, your faculty, and academic advisors using a team approach. This approach is designed to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in college and transition to life after you leave MWCC.
Academic Advising includes areas of specialization organized around you and your educational goals:
When you have questions, ask an advisor! Here is a sample of what types of questions we get asked.
- What is my overall academic plan?
- How do I manage my time?
- I want to transfer. How do I do that?
- How do I change my major or change my schedule?
- What do I take next semester?
- How do I stay in good academic and financial aid standing?
- What are my options if I am on warning or suspension?
- I don’t know what to major in. Who can I talk to about this?
- I know what I want to major in, but I have no idea what I want to do once I graduate.
- I like a lot of different subjects, and I keep changing my major because I’m not sure which one is the best for me. Who can help me narrow down my choices?
Who is my Advisor?
Many students have an assigned faculty advisor – an expert in your program of study. In addition, students are assigned an Academic Advisor. Be sure to look up your Academic Advisor in iConnect or contact us to get connected to your advisor. We are here to guide and support you through your time here at MWCC.
Where does Academic Advising happen?
Advisors are available to you in your classrooms (your faculty!) or through the following:
- Individual appointments (in Gardner, Leominster, or Devens)
- Student Success 101 via Blackboard
*Please remember to provide us with your name and student ID number when conducting outreach to Advising. Emails should be sent from your MWCC student email account along with your name and student ID in order to serve you efficiently.
Get a Sneak Peek of the Advising Center with the 360° Tour Below!