- Apply for GI Bill® benefits (see information below)
- Send your military transcripts to us by going to the Joint Services Transcript website
- Apply to MWCC
- Apply for Financial Aid (independent of your VA benefits)
- Bring us a copy of your DD214. While here, sign a Massachusetts Veteran Tuition waiver and sign the health insurance waiver
- Questions? Contact the Director of Veterans Services: email@example.com or 978-630-9408
GI Bill Benefits
Here are some brief summaries of the different chapters of benefits available:
Chapter 30 (Veterans GI Bill)
Educational assistance program available to fully honorably discharged veterans who meet the eligibility criteria explained in detail on the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Chapter 33 (The Post 9/11 GI Bill)
The Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. The Post-9/11 GI Bill will become effective for training on or after August 1, 2009. More eligibility information on The Post 9/11 GI Bill is provided on the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Chapter 1606 (Reserves/National Guard)
This program may be available if you are a member of a selected reserve. More eligibility information on Chapter 1606 is provided on the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Chapter 35 (Survivor’s and Dependents Educational Assistance program DEA)
The spouse, child, stepchild or adopted child of a veteran who is deceased (service-connected) or who is 100% disabled (service-connected) may qualify for Chapter 35 benefits. Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
Any veteran receiving at least 10% permanent, service-connected disability from the DVA can apply for this benefit. Approval is made on a case-by-case basis and is managed at the state level. To learn more about Chapter 31 benefits contact us at 978 630 9408.
Here is a document with tips on applying for VA education benefits.