Mount Wachusett Community College held an orientation for new and transfer students on September 1, 2022, in preparation for the start of its 59th academic year on September 7, 2022.
“We are looking forward to welcoming students back to our campus,” stated MWCC President James Vander Hooven. “The life that students and faculty bring to the halls and classrooms has been missed, and I personally have missed interacting with our students, faculty, and staff in person.”
Highlights of the Fall Semester include:
– United Way Day of Caring on Friday, September 16. Students, staff, and faculty will be volunteering at various locations in the community as part of this annual event.
– In celebration of Constitution Day the Brewer Center for Civic Learning and Community Engagement will be hosting a voter registration table in the Student Center on September 20 from 10 am to 2 pm.
– Pregnant and Parenting Student Expo will be held on Wednesday, September 21st. Our Student Parent Support team will be meeting with pregnant and parenting students to explore the services available to assist them as they pursue their educations.
– Community College Night at the Woo Sox will be held on Thursday, September 22nd. MWCC and the Massachusetts Association of Community Colleges organized this statewide evening to watch the Woo Sox take on the Syracuse Mets
– Tea Time Speaker Series returns with “Puerto Rican Declaration of Independence” on Friday, September 23 and “Gender Identity and Understanding LGBTQIA+” on Friday October 21.
– MWCC will be at the North Central Chamber of Commerce “Work North Central” Hiring Event at the Wachusett Mountain Ski Lodge on September 27 from 10 am to 1 pm.
– The MWCC Dental Clinic, co-located with the Community Health Center in Fitchburg, will hold a ribbon cutting to celebrate a significant enhancement to the clinic facility on September 28th.
– The NEACAC College Fair will be held at Mount Fitness on Tuesday, September 27th. Representatives from nearly 100 colleges and universities from all over New England and beyond will be on hand to talk to high school students and other individuals.
– The Coffee and Career Fair returns on Wednesday, October 5. MWCC welcomes businesses and recruiters to campus to meet with students and graduates.
– Horticulture students have been raising pumpkins this summer in anticipation of the first MWCC Pumpkin Fest on October 5.
– The Fall Open House will be held on Saturday, October 29. Potential students are welcome to tour and can apply and be accepted on the spot.
MWCC admissions are rolling, students can apply and register for classes up through the first week of the semester.