Mount Wachusett Community College is a member of the Bridgewater State University ‘Leading For Change Higher Education Diversity Consortium.’
The ‘Tea Time Speaker Series’ at Mount Wachusett Community College series consists of speakers/ panels around different issues each month during designated dates in the spring and fall 2016 semesters:
- Men of Color Panel & Black History Month Lunch. February 29, 2016
- Immigration and the Undocumented Student. March 28, 2016
- Understanding the LGBTQ community. April 25, 2016
- Domestic Terrorism from a Law Enforcement Perspective. September 26, 2016
- Opiates in North Central Mass: Education for Community-Wide Crisis Response. October 31, 2016
- Advocacy groups
- NAACP resources
- National Council of La Raza
- National Association for Multicultural Education
Scholarship and financial aid information
The following sites offer information on financial aid and scholarships for people of different ethnicities and backgrounds:
International student information, scholarships, and loans:
- Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is New England’s leading legal rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation, HIV status and gender identity and expression.
- PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Gays and Lesbians) promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.