English as Second Language at MWCC has provided quality English instruction to students for over 18 years. Our ESL students progress toward their academic, professional or personal language goals through personalized instruction and using our up-to-date computer/media lab.
To study in the English as a Second Language (ESL) Program:
- Apply to MWCC (fill out the general application)
- Apply for financial aid early if you are a permanent resident or U.S. citizen
- Take the ESL test which will place you in the appropriate courses. Schedule a testing appointment in Leominster by calling 978-630-9812.
- Meet with an academic advisor to select your courses and develop an academic plan.
For questions or help, call the Leominster campus at 978-630-9812.
Benefits of the ESL Program
- Affordable tuition and fees
- Small classes
- University-trained and experienced teachers
- Three levels of courses:
- Advanced beginning
- At the Intermediate and Advanced level, four courses are given at each level:
- Applied Grammar
- Free tutoring services
- Full computer language lab with free Internet access
- We issue I-20 (student visa)
- Personal attention to academic and non-academic needs
- Safe, spacious, and friendly campus
- Popular majors:
- Transfer opportunities
- Social and cultural activities