Transitioning to college can be challenging, let MWCC help!
If you are a student completing an adult education program, the Mount is here to help you with the next step in your education! The Transition to College program is a state-funded program that provides academic and financial support to help students succeed in college. Our Transition to College Counselor works with students one-on-one to help them navigate the college process, including accessing tutoring and career advising.
Free College Courses!
As a Transition to Community College student, you are eligible for five FREE college courses. Even your books are free! Students are able to register for any MWCC college courses that align with their intended program of study. Areas of study students select to focus on include: Healthcare, Human Services, Business Administration, or the Mass Transfer Block Core courses which will transfer to other MA state universities.
Popular options courses:
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Introduction to Psychology
- College Writing
- Introduction to Sociology
- Principles of Accounting I
- Introduction to Human Services
- Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Business
- Academic and career guidance
- An individualized academic plan
- Courses that earn college credit
- Enrollment in a Student Success seminar
- Individual and group support throughout the semester
- Access to college services and programs
The program provides students with the opportunity to take classes on any MWCC campus as a part-time or full-time student. Students are eligible for five college classes as part of the Transition to College program, and there is no time limit, they can be completed over multiple semesters.
For more information, contact Kim Kayser, the Transition to College Coordinator, at email@example.com or 978-630-9832 or fill in the form below.
This program is funded by the Mass Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.