Work Out a Career in Fitness
Do you love fitness? Can you see yourself creating custom programs to help others improve their fitness levels? If you are you interested in learning more about the body, nutrition, and ways to empower others to make healthy lifestyle choices, the Personal Training Certificate may be right for you. This 9-course program will prepare you to take a national exam to become a certified professional personal trainer.
In addition, you can apply courses completed as part of this program to the Associate Degree in Exercise and Sports Science.
Learn New Skills in a Hands-On Environment
You’ll get great classes like:
- Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Exercise Science and Nutrition
- Exercise Testing and Program Design
- Strength and Conditioning
Your last class will be an externship at a fitness or rehab center where you will have hands-on training from professional fitness experts. This provides you with real-world learning that will help you to market yourself as a personal trainer.
Impact Your Career with Certification
This program can be used as preparation to take one of the following exams:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) exam
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) exam
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) exam
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) exam
Any one of these exams, along with many more, will give you your official certification to become a nationally recognized personal trainer!